Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Valued Contributor

Debt collection firm to pay largest-ever FTC penalty

Massive debt collection firm Expert Global Solutions has agreed to pay a $3.2 million civil penalty to settle charges it violated consumers' rights when attempting to collect debts, according to the Federal Trade Commission......

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/debt-collection-firm-pay-largest-ever-ftc-penalty-allegedly-harass...

Regular Contributor

Re: Debt collection firm to pay largest-ever FTC penalty

lol good

Valued Contributor

I am glad to see they have to pay up. Not all collection firms are evil though. Some are just hard working people like us trying to make a living. 

NFCU Flagship $25,000 I AMEX SPG $23,000 I Chase Sapphire Preferred $17,500 I Discover IT $12,000 I
Super Contributor

Sadly they were able to pay.

11/28/2014 FICO: EQ: 796 EX:788 TU:803

Epic Contributor

IMO, if they had to pay that much in fines, they should not be allowed to ever collect again,

The fines alone tell you what kind of CA they are.  And if they can afford to pay that, they will keep doing what they did.

Valued Contributor

guiness56 wrote:

IMO, if they had to pay that much in fines, they should not be allowed to ever collect again,

The fines alone tell you what kind of CA they are.  And if they can afford to pay that, they will keep doing what they did.

Very true. It should be a one strike and your out. Its like Baseball and PED's

NFCU Flagship $25,000 I AMEX SPG $23,000 I Chase Sapphire Preferred $17,500 I Discover IT $12,000 I
Regular Contributor

azguy13 wrote:

guiness56 wrote:

Also agree but unfortunately, I'm sure they would reappear under a different name Smiley Mad

Starting Score 630 Score: Current FICO Scores: All above 725 (04/01/2015)
Sallie Mae World MC 5k; Chase Freedom 6.5k; CareCredit 13.2k; Amex BCP 21.8k;Amex PRG; BOA123 Visa Sig 20k; CapOne WMC 7.5K; CSP Visa Sig 2K; Citi Simp Visa 6.9k; CFCU Visa 17k; Discover IT 7K; JCP MC 8K; Macys Amex 7.5K/2k; PSECU Visa/PSL 20/20K; SamsClub MC 20k; Walmart 10k
Epic Contributor

tld409 wrote:

azguy13 wrote:

guiness56 wrote:

Also agree but unfortunately, I'm sure they would reappear under a different name Smiley Mad

Could be.  But hopefully there is something that would keep them from doing that,.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

guiness56 wrote:

I couldn't agree more.  Maybe it's just my ignorance, but I had no idea CA's were that huge in terms of them being able to pay off a fine like that.  I wish there was something that could be done to 'reimburse' those who were affected by their practices though.

AE CC: $850 | AEO Visa: $1,890 | Cap1 QS: $1,950 | Chase Freedom: $1,000 | Citi Forward: $1,500 | Citi Double Cash: $1,000 | Discover iT: $500 | GameStop: $1,050 | Overstock: $1,100 | PayPal Smart Connect: $1,000 | Walmart $1,900

TU (Discover): 648 | EQ (Citi): 657
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.