Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?

Thanks Backwoods. Only partial SSN showing on mine and I thought Mine wouldn't be removed.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 21 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion and Equfax Tax Lien (Michigan) Gone !  up 35 pts on EQ and 24 pts on Trans

Experian still reporting as of today. The Lien was from 2016 now paid.

Message 22 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Transunion and Equfax Tax Lien (Michigan) Gone !  up 35 pts on EQ and 24 pts on Trans

Experian still reporting as of today. The Lien was from 2016 now paid.

This is awesome news! Congrats!! We are also in Michigan and today on Capital One's credit wise DH's tax lien is gone (I believe this is a TU report)  I had just checked credit karma last Thursday and both TU and EQ were still reporting for both of us.  My CCT report over the weekend still reported all three and cant check CCT for DH until this weekend. Today EX is still reporting for both of us. (On a sidenote - I really think this whole thing has made me realize we need to check everything on the same schedule- lol) So I am now at least hopeful.  Time will tell how it will all pan out. 

Message 23 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in CA and no movement yet- but hearing all if you im hopeful Smiley Happy. I appreciate everyone sharing.
Message 24 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

My paid NY state lien and paid Kings County (NYC) liens both got removed from EQ and TU according to CreditKarma.  

Message 25 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to dispute on EXP since the other two deleted and it wont even let me dispute. It fails. I wonder if EXP is going to be slow to delete? Once EXP deletes my Tax Lien i will be looking good

Message 26 of 248
pauper66
Valued Member

The day after my TU score went up, I got a notification from TU regarding my dispute, sying the lien was removed for multiple errors and inaccuracies.

That just left EQ as the only one reporting. A couple days after that, I got a notification that my dispute was complete, and that the lien was reporting correctly and it it was not removed.

I called EQ yesterday, to inquire. They said it was correct. I asked about the new rules, regarding missing information, and that there site did not me those options for reasons for dispute.

The rep told me that the new rules are in effect, and that if my lien is missing DOB and SS, that it will be automatically deleted. He sid there was no timeframe for this, and to check back in August. He pretty much said they can't/won't do anything about it. Just have to wait.

And then he tried to sell me their family plan for credit monitoring.

So, now I wait. It hits the 10 year mark in June 2018, so I am not overly concerned. I accomplished everything else I wanted to this year. Got a brand new truck at 5%, got some nice reward cards. took my score from 418 in May 2016 to low 700s aross the board. (except EQ). That is now my one and only blemish.

I'll likely get my deposit back from Discover in Setember, so I really can't complain.

Message 27 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to all the new lien/baddies being removed. 

Hubby and I's Michigan state tax lien was on both of our reports (The lien never showed HIS name or any DOB/SS - It showed only mine).  As of today they have dropped from his TU & EQ reports, but still on EX.  They are still showing on all three of mine.  I'm very happy they are dropping from his, but having less hope now that they will actually be removed from mine. I feel like if his are done at this point and mine aren't that they are staying put.  

Any spouses in this situation?  Or see one's drop and the other spouses drop at a later time?  

Thanks for the feedback and good luck.

Message 28 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both mine and my wifes Michigan State tax liens are removed from Trans and Equifax but not EXP on either yet!  I wonder if i am going to have to dispute EXP or keep waiting......

Message 29 of 248
CrankyDave
Regular Contributor

@pauper66 wrote:

So, now I wait. It hits the 10 year mark in June 2018, so I am not overly concerned. I accomplished everything else I wanted to this year. Got a brand new truck at 5%, got some nice reward cards. took my score from 418 in May 2016 to low 700s aross the board. (except EQ). That is now my one and only blemish.

I'll likely get my deposit back from Discover in Setember, so I really can't complain.

Whoa, dude, that's one hell of a score bump, and in just *one* year? <insert "We're not worthy" bowing> Serious congrats are in order.

Message 30 of 248
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.