Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?

tag
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?

@Revelate wrote:

Equifax deleted!  I'm clean (basically, inquiry and a CFA), AND I'm gold plated now!

Sometime in the last week.

My open Fed Lien fits the removal criteria yet still sits on TU, weighing it down. I'll give it a couple more weeks then dispute.

Edit: nevermind... just disputed 

Message 81 of 248
hellomoto

Complaining to CFPB works! After disputing with Transunion three times only to have the dreaded "verified" letter I complained through the CFPB website citing that the federal tax liens did not have complete SS numbers and should be removed, they sent me an email today saying that they had deleted all three liens. Took less than 10 days after my complaint.  FICO went from 720 to 740. 

Message 82 of 248
CrankyDave
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's 15 calendar days. They have to give you some type of response. I sent mine in on a Monday and got responses back 10 days from Transunion with the issue being resolved and Equifax responded on the 14 day with they were still working on it. Transunion corrected my bureau and deleted the lien in question while Equifax said they were still working on it even though the item was removed.

So...15 calendar days to respond and 60 days to close the file.

Every lien i disputed through the CFPB came off even after online disputes with the CRAs directly failed using the exact same information.

I just got a notice from the CFPB saying... that EQ has responded that it is still working on my issue, and I should get a final response within 60 days. Just like you said. *sigh* What a bunch of jerks. (The court document I sent in with my complaint didn't even have the last four SSN digits, the whole thing was blacked out.)

I just got approved for my mortgage even with it there, but *still*... Sheesh.

Message 83 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the news.... but thanks for keep us all apart of your journey.

Message 84 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CrankyDave wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's 15 calendar days. They have to give you some type of response. I sent mine in on a Monday and got responses back 10 days from Transunion with the issue being resolved and Equifax responded on the 14 day with they were still working on it. Transunion corrected my bureau and deleted the lien in question while Equifax said they were still working on it even though the item was removed.

Every lien i disputed through the CFPB came off even after online disputes with the CRAs directly failed using the exact same information.

I just got a notice from the CFPB saying... that EQ has responded that it is still working on my issue, and I should get a final response within 60 days. Just like you said. *sigh* What a bunch of jerks. (The court document I sent in with my complaint didn't even have the last four SSN digits, the whole thing was blacked out.)

Congrats on the mortgage!!!! Thats great news.  
Message 85 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 86 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CrankyDave wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you check your Equifax report? I got the same response but the lien had been removed.

Message 87 of 248
CrankyDave
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CrankyDave wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you check your Equifax report? I got the same response but the lien had been removed.

I'm currerntly subscribed to MyFICO, and while I *did* get an EQ change alert a couple days ago, it was for my score dropping 4 points due to an annual fee hitting a previously empty credit card. Jerks. I guess it's possible that it's off the report proper, but there's no score change yet? Wouldn't that be picked up by the MyFICO monitoring, though?

Message 88 of 248
CrankyDave
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CrankyDave wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the mortgage!!!! Thats great news.  

Thanks, it took me quite a few years to get my numbers up to where I thought my approval odds would be good. I'm self-employed *and* my scores were in the 500s seven years ago, so I wanted to give them as few excuses to deny me as possible. Now I'm set to close on 9/5 with (two out of three - grrrrr) scores in the 800s. I doubt I could have done it without the "Rebuilding Your Credit" forum here. I haven't been too impressed with the credit monitoring, but the community here is freaking awesome.

Message 89 of 248
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Data points for those going the CFPB or BBB right now. 

7/23 - EX deleted my open federal lien when i called over the phone and gave the NCAP rules (+51 pts went from FICO8 705 to 756)

07/21 - EQ deleted lien automatcially

07/23 - EQ reinserted the lien to report?!

7/29 - EQ, submitted complaint thru CFPB with copy of the filing (has XXX-XX-1111 for SSN and no DOB)

8/10 - EQ response saying in short "we're still working on your issue. we'll mail your results in the next 30 days" so the saga continues thru 9/10

07/28 - TU, submitted dispute over the phone using NCAP

08/03 - TU response came back "Verified and Updated"

08/04 - TU, submitted dispute thru BBB citing NCAP (I read in another thread TU seems to be more responsive to BBB)

08/04 - Recieved notice that complaint was sent

08/11 - Recieved response from TU -- they DELETED it!! Apologized for any inconvenience (+63 pts went from FICO8 720 to 783)

So I'm 2 for 3! I read in another thread someone got the same CFPB response with EQ but then found it deleted. I updated mine today and it was still there so we'll see over the next few weeks. 

NCAP is a qualifying reason to dispute any liens if you only have a partial SSN and no DOB...Good Luck All! 

Message 90 of 248
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.