Super Contributor

Re: Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:
Hi ImaPirare

Please look through the report carefully. When I got my big envelope (credit report) and read through it (every single page), it showed my tax lien had been removed removed!!!

Hi Creditinspired you almost gave me a heart attack. No, the liens are still there. But I did check the report twice! Hey it keeps me on my toes! Thanks for the info.

Still waiting for the 3 CRAs to answer my disputes. tick tock... I'm so impatient!

Just got my response from Transunion. They verified and updated all 8 liens to "paid". Not what I wanted so I immediately filed my complaint to CFPB last evening. EX and EQ are next after they respond. 

Creditinspired I just got my response from Experian and a new credit report. Yay! They deleted all 10 Federal Tax Liens! I can't believe it. I quadruple checked the report and yeppers they are gone! Thank you for your sage advice and your dispute letter. It worked and it was fast.

I will post a copy of it later when I calm down.LOL

WOO HOO ImaPirate. I feel like that dancing baby -- that's what I'm doing for you right now--twirling with my hands in the air. I'm so happy for you and I know how you feel because it's the same way I felt when mine were removed. It's a good feeling, isn't it? Now, wait until you see how much your scores increase. You will scream -- literally. Thank you and a humongous Congratulations and High Five to you.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 211 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditinspired thank you. I'm still reeling! EQ hasn't responded yet but maybe today. TU updated to paid status SO I still have work to do.

Message 212 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

I posted a few months ago. I have one unpaid federal tax lien. In July, Equifax deleted the TL and my score jumped over 100 points to 780. Sadly neither EQ or TU have followed suit.  Did I hear something about a letter? Should I dispute through the bureaus or with CFPB?

Thank you all.

Message 213 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Creditinspired, I have an update.

So far EX deleted 10 Federal Liens very quickly in response to my direct dispute with them.

TU updated my CR to "paid" on my 8 Federal Liens so I filed a complaint to CFPB. After 14 days they just informed me TU responded they deleted all Liens and apologized for my inconvenience and they are sending me an updated CR.

I'm still waiting for EQ to respond to my direct dispute with them which has been nearly 30 days ago. I may have to file a complaint with CFPB also.

Words cannot describe how I feel right now!

I will update when I'm finished with EQ. Thank you so so much for your words and your help!

Message 214 of 248
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So far EX deleted 10 Federal Liens very quickly in response to my direct dispute with them.

TU updated my CR to "paid" on my 8 Federal Liens so I filed a complaint to CFPB. After 14 days they just informed me TU responded they deleted all Liens and apologized for my inconvenience and they are sending me an updated CR.

I'm still waiting for EQ to respond to my direct dispute with them which has been nearly 30 days ago. I may have to file a complaint with CFPB also.

I will update when I'm finished with EQ. Thank you so so much for your words and your help!

A huge congratulations to you ImaPirate. Wow, when it rains, it pours, and in a good way. You're right -- words just cant describe the awesome feeling of having those liens removed and preparing for your scores to soar through the roof. Again, I'm so darn happy for you and can't wait to hear your good new regarding EQ because "it's a comin" Smiley Wink 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 215 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

A huge congratulations to you ImaPirate. Wow, when it rains, it pours, and in a good way. You're right -- words just cant describe the awesome feeling of having those liens removed and preparing for your scores to soar through the roof. Again, I'm so darn happy for you and can't wait to hear your good new regarding EQ because "it's a comin" Smiley Wink 

Hi Creditinspired,  EQ says they validated so I filed a complaint with CFPB about 10 days ago so when they respond I'll post their response. I expected no less from EQ!

Message 216 of 248
LShan82
Regular Contributor

So, now Equifax needs me to verify my identity. Did anyone else run into this?
Current Scores 11/2016:Equifax 8: 688 TransU 8: 675 Xperian 8: 674 Cards: Penfed Promise Visa Barclay Reward MasterCard American Express Blue Cash Rewards Nordstrom
Message 217 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a federal tax lien filed back in Dec 2014 that was noted as uncollectable. I know it takes ten years for this to be removed and I pay a few bucks a month in good faith to just give them something back. Anyways the point to this is today I signed on an my EQ report showed the tax lien was removed. Nothing has changed so I didn't expect that to happen at all. Why has this happened? Should I expect it to come back? I don't want to dispute the other CRA's and stir up a hornets nest but of course it be nice if they followed suit.
Message 218 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

As of today:

Experian removed 10 Federal Tax Liens.

I successfully disputed directly with them.

Transunion removed 8 Federal Tax Liens.

I disputed directly with them with no success so I filed a complaint with CFPB with success!

Equifax removed 10 Federal Tax Liens.

I disputed directly with them with no success so I filed a complaint with CFPB with success!

It took about 2 months time and tons of patience.

I want to thank Creditinspired for your wisdom and guidance AND your letter that I used. I just cannot thank you enough!

Message 219 of 248
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As of today:

Experian removed 10 Federal Tax Liens.

I successfully disputed directly with them.

Transunion removed 8 Federal Tax Liens.

Equifax removed 10 Federal Tax Liens.

It took about 2 months time and tons of patience.

I want to thank Creditinspired for your wisdom and guidance AND your letter that I used. I just cannot thank you enough!

Finally, after all your hard work, perseverance, diligence, sweat and tears, the fruits of your labor paid off. HOOAH!!!! as Al Pacino in Scent of a Woman would say. ImaPirate, I hope you're dancing in the rain because seriously, life can't get much better than this right about now.

Thanks for the shoutout to me too. And honestly, I learned about filing a complaint to CFPB from another MyFICOer right here on this forum (can't recall his/her handler name) so I won't take all the credit for steering you in the right direction. So, I feel good paying it forward to you, and now with your sharing your awesome news, you're also paying it forward to someone else who will need advice. I love this forum. It truly helps everyone one way or another.

Again, congratulations on finally getting those tax liens off of you credit reports and again, wait until you see your new scores. You are going to think you died and went straight to heaven.

Message 220 of 248
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.