Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?

Yes, I got copies of them and sent with the complaint. Only the last four of the SSN. 

Thanks for responding. I think I just need to be patient.

Message 241 of 248
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

After having 28 Federal Tax Liens removed >2 months ago I finally had Equifax raise my score to 748! Still waiting on the other two but I'm very pleased so far. Wow I was in the low 500's when I started this journey and what a difference now!

Thanks again for all the the great people who helped me. Special thanks to Creditinspired!

748!!!!

WooHoo my friend. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 242 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

After having 28 Federal Tax Liens removed >2 months ago I finally had Equifax raise my score to 748! Still waiting on the other two but I'm very pleased so far. Wow I was in the low 500's when I started this journey and what a difference now!

Thanks again for all the the great people who helped me. Special thanks to Creditinspired!

Wow! That's is awesome!  And to go from the low 500's to 748 - that's well over 200pts turnaround.  Your good credit will go a longs way.

Congratulations again!

Message 243 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I got a response back today on my EXP request through CPFB to have my leins removed. They say they are in the process of contacting the data furnisher / public  record vendors do verify the accuracy of the information.

Here was an interesting tidbit:

"Tax Liens and Bankruptcies are a matter of public record. Although the court where the disputed public records are filed may not report this type of data, a vendor may collect this data directly from the court’s public records and supply that information to Experian."

Does that mean they can use a third party to produce the information missing from the lien? 

In my case, these were brand new and already handled. Even if they were contracting out to someone, I don't see where they would have had the time to get my birthday and SSN from another source. 

Guess I will wait to see what the other two say.

^^^this sounds like just standard response.  Like creditinspired said, the court records usually don't record that kind of info for the public. 

Message 244 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got a response back today on my EXP request through CPFB to have my leins removed. They say they are in the process of contacting the data furnisher / public  record vendors do verify the accuracy of the information.

"Tax Liens and Bankruptcies are a matter of public record. Although the court where the disputed public records are filed may not report this type of data, a vendor may collect this data directly from the court’s public records and supply that information to Experian."

Does that mean they can use a third party to produce the information missing from the lien? 

In my case, these were brand new and already handled. Even if they were contracting out to someone, I don't see where they would have had the time to get my birthday and SSN from another source. 

^^^this sounds like just standard response.  Like creditinspired said, the court records usually don't record that kind of info for the public. 

They both use vendor services.They take the word of the vendor over anything including proof the info is incorrect. When we had tax liens due to id fraud we had lien releases and withdrawals in our hands and recorded. EXp and Tu came clean but Equifax kept trying to verify saying it was the vendor. The vendor said said we did not report because it lacked all the info.  Ie ssn, dob  It finally got fixed but it took everything short of a lawsuit. Multiple CFPB complaints to get Equifax on the right page. 

Message 245 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, Equifax finally responded. I am haing to fight Experian on two of my Liens. equifax said the following:

Tax Liens case numbers X, Yand Z are currently not reporting on the Equifax credit file. 

I wonder if this means they were never there? Equifax was the only one I couldn't get a free check of when I found the other two. 

Transuniuon is still out. 

wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They both use vendor services.They take the word of the vendor over anything including proof the info is incorrect. When we had tax liens due to id fraud we had lien releases and withdrawals in our hands and recorded. EXp and Tu came clean but Equifax kept trying to verify saying it was the vendor. The vendor said said we did not report because it lacked all the info.  Ie ssn, dob  It finally got fixed but it took everything short of a lawsuit. Multiple CFPB complaints to get Equifax on the right page. 

Message 246 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, EXP replied and removed all my Liens. 

In my case, it worked better when I disputed with the CB directly instead of the CFPB. They seemed to pay more attention to my documentation. (Or maybe they aren't taking the CFPB as seriously now that that idiot is in charge of it.) 

Anyway, my cause was due to the lien only containg the last 4 of SSN. Once I sent EXP a copy of the lien, they removed.

Thanks to everybody in this forum for their help. 

Message 247 of 248
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations spaghettijesus. I’m doing the happy dance for you. Now sit back and watch your scores skyrocket.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 248 of 248
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.