Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?

tag
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Re: Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?

Congrats Softball and all the others that were able to get their lien(s) removed. I had a Federal Lien that was removed from both TU and EX over a year ago on their own. EQ wouldn't budge. I filed a CFPB complaint and on day 15 they responded that the lien had been updated to show release/paid. I was so upset that I had to file a second complaint. Did that last week. Came across this thread today and saw that EQ says one thing but does another, so since I can't check CCT until 21, I decided to check CK and sure enough, the lien had been removed. EQ is such a waste of time and energy! 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 151 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS POST!!! 

Finally, after fighting this for 2 yrs, the tax lien are all gone from 3 CRAs. EX deleted it on their own almost 2 yrs ago, EQ just removed it after the law change. TU has been my last holdup. I filed complaint after complaint with them and it keeps coming back as accurate info. My last hope was with CFPB. TU actually removed it from my file even after being verified with Sacramento County. 

Thank you for this thread. And good luck to those who are working on theirs getting removed. 

IMG_4367.PNG

Message 152 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ran another 3 Bureau report and my TU has already gone up 22 points from 706 just from removal. 

IMG_4368.PNG

Message 153 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received some good news from CFPB today.  After filing a complaint against both EQ and TU on 8-30-17 TU has removed the lien effective today.  I'll have to wait a few days for a score update.  Still waiting for response from EQ.

EX removed over a year ago without having to dispute.  

Message 154 of 248
tcbofade
Super Contributor

...and somehow, I'm STILL fighting Equifax...

I guess they're too busy selling my personal info on the black market...

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 155 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO updated my TU report today and I received a 91 point increase from the tax lien removal!  It's hard to believe a state tax lien that was paid and released SIX YEARS ago was doing that much damage.  It's really not fair.  

The good news is that puts me at double 850s' with EX and TU. Equifax  is still not replying to CFPB.

Transunion 91 point jump 9-13-17.PNGFICO Dashboard 9-13-17.PNG

Message 156 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally heard back from CFPB and EQ response said lien was valid. Has anybody had any luck getting it removed from EQ when it doesn’t meet the reporting requirements? Not sure what my next step should be.
Message 157 of 248
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Finally heard back from CFPB and EQ response said lien was valid. Has anybody had any luck getting it removed from EQ when it doesn’t meet the reporting requirements? Not sure what my next step should be.

If I were you, I'd pull my CR just to double check that they didn't remove the lien despite what they said in their response to the CFPB complaint. They responded to my complaint saying that they updated to show paid/release. I've read through this thread, and after seeing others have similar issue, where EQ said one thing but did another, I pulled my report and sure enough, it was removed. If you're sure that it doesn't meet the new reporting requirements, they more than likely removed it but for some reason is playing games. 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 158 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you verified the lien is missing the required information?  Did CFPB close your case?  In your complaint there is an area in step 3 titled "What would be a fair resolution to this issue?"  In that area I wrote "removal of lien from credit report."

I just received email today from CFPB showing EQ responded on the 13th with the complimentary "Need 60 days to investigate."

The next day (today) EQ responded with "After investigating your file the lien has been removed."

I agree with LadyJEsq pull your file to make sure it's not already removed.  If still there go back to CFPB.  If your case has been closed open a new one and make sure your resolution states "removal of lien."  Also make sure you upload a copy of the lien showing the required information is not listed. 

Message 159 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the responses. I checked today and it was still there, I’ll check again to make sure. But EQ response was”....have been verified correct as reported”. I sent in copy of the liens (no DOB, only last 4 of SS) along with a copy of LN report showing no liens. And also a copy of their own internal rules stating what is required to be on PR to continue reporting. EX and TU were very easy to deal with. EX actually did it in real time while I was on the phone with them.
Message 160 of 248
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.