Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Established Contributor

Re: Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?

I would give it a few days. EQ responded to my complaint on like the 5th and on the 9th, I checked CK and it was removed. Then on the 10th, I received an email from Equifax about a dispute being resolved, when I reviewed my updated report, it confirmed that it was removed. So, not sure when you got your reply, but I say, if it's not off by Monday, then file a second complaint. 

**FICO 8 Scores Sept 2017 EQ 747 EX 732 TU 741**

Valued Member

Thanks LadyJ, got the response today from cfpb that complaint was closed.
Established Member

I got notification from CFPB on Sep 7, saying the company (EQ) responded and that my tax lien was removed, and that I should be getting written verification in 7-10 days.

I just paid EQ for a new report today, and it is STILL on there. Is this typical? Does it take them time to remove it?

Frequent Contributor

It's been 8 days and it's still showing? Maybe it's just how EQ processes them. I got an email from CFPB and got a paid report from TU and it was gone the same day. Give them a call?
Established Contributor

I say give it a few more days. With all that is going on with EQ, they are going to be really, really busy!

EX 759, TU 764, EQ 741
|| NFCU CashRewards $16.5K || Discover IT $7.5K || NFCU Platinum $7.5K || Macy's $7.5K || CitiCostco $5.5K, Chase $5K || CitiDC $4.8K ||
New Visitor

I know this might be asking for a lot, but can someone please post the steps to filing a dispute with CFPB?! I was on their website but I'm not exactly sure I was going about it the correct way. Also, if you file a dispute with them, are you required to include documents or is this just helpful?
Contributor
0 Kudos

Anxiousrebuilder wrote:
I know this might be asking for a lot, but can someone please post the steps to filing a dispute with CFPB?! I was on their website but I'm not exactly sure I was going about it the correct way. Also, if you file a dispute with them, are you required to include documents or is this just helpful?

Yes I would like this info also. It would be greatly appreciated! Please....

Established Contributor
0 Kudos

pauper66 wrote:

I got notification from CFPB on Sep 7, saying the company (EQ) responded and that my tax lien was removed, and that I should be getting written verification in 7-10 days.

I just paid EQ for a new report today, and it is STILL on there. Is this typical? Does it take them time to remove it?

I got an updated copy of my EQ CR a day or two ago, when I was told it would take 7-10days. So I agree with the above poster, they're busy. 

Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

Try this link. https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

I didn’t have to send any documents. Just have them handy if they request supporting evidence.

Good luck
Established Contributor

Anxiousrebuilder wrote:

Step 1: Click on "Submit a Complaint" top right on front page

Step 2: Scroll down and click on "Start a new complaint"

Step 3: Scroll all the way down and click on "Start your complaint" 

Step 4: First of five steps select "Credit reporting, credit repair services, or other personal consumer reports" second from top on left side. 

Step 5: Still first of five steps, select "Credit reporting" at the top

Step 6: Second of five steps select "Incorrect information on your report(wrong address, fraud, incorrectly shows account still open)"

Step 7: Still second of five steps select "Public record information inaccurate(bankruptcy, judgment, liens, criminal record" second from top on right side.

Step 8: Still second of five steps select "Yes"

Step 9: Three of five steps, describe what happened (I said something to the effect of the lien violated the new law

Step 10: Still three of five steps, make sure to request removal of the lien from your report.

Step 11: Four of five steps Type CRA name

Step 12: Still four of five steps, select which identifying information you want to submit

Step 13: Still four of five steps select "yes" or "no" if you want to complain about another company.

Step 14: Five of five steps, select "you" and enter your contact information.

Step 15: Click "Review" 

Step 16: If everything is correct, submit

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.