cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?

Contributor

Re: Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?

Revelate, did you dispute your liens or did they fall off automatically?
Current Scores 11/2016:Equifax 8: 688 TransU 8: 675 Xperian 8: 674 Cards: Penfed Promise Visa Barclay Reward MasterCard American Express Blue Cash Rewards Nordstrom
Message 61 of 221
Established Contributor

Re: Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?

Congrats Revelate. I can't wait for it to fall off my EQ & TU. Fell off my EX 2 wks ago.


EX 753, TU 778, EQ 779
|| NFCU CashRewards $16.5K || Discover IT $7.5K || NFCU Platinum $7.5K || Macy's $7.5K || CitiCostco $5.5K || Chase $5K || CitiDC $4.8K ||
Message 62 of 221
Moderator

Re: Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?


LShan82 wrote:
Revelate, did you dispute your liens or did they fall off automatically?

I tried disputing about two weeks ago, it came back verified with the usual LN verification garbage.

 

Fell off apparently automagically within the last week, apparently they're still removing liens though I didn't expect it to take this long.

Starting Score: EQ 5 561, TU 98 567, EX 2 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 5 771, TU 4 758, EX 2 758, EQ 8 795, TU 8 762, EX 8 786 (7/28/17)
Goal Score:    EQ 5 750, TU 4 750, EX 2 750, EQ 8 800, TU 8 Blah, EX 8 800 (01/01/18)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 63 of 221
Valued Member

Re: Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?

Thank you.... still giving me hopeSmiley Happy

Message 64 of 221
Valued Member

Re: Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?

After filing a complaint with the CFPB against Transunion for an open federal tax lien filed in 2013 citing the NCAP rules(the lien has a partially redacted SSI number and no DOB), this is the response I got today (I redacted the lien docket numbers):

 

Complaint Detail: responded

Status: Company responded on 8/7/2017

Response Type: Closed with non-monetary relief

Company's Response: Please be advised, Docket #************, #************ and #************* are currently not reported on your TransUnion credit report. In order to protect your privacy, we will mail an updated copy of your credit report as well as the full results of our reinvestigation, to the current address we have on file for you. You can expect to receive it in approximately 5 to 7 business days. If you have any further questions, please call us at 1-800-916-8800, Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM ET. Please visit http://transunion.com/consumerfaqs for frequently asked questions about your credit report.
 
DESCRIPTION OF NON-MONETARY RELIEF
 
We received your complaint about Docket #************* in your credit report, and apologize for any difficulty you may have experienced. This item identified in your complaint has been deleted from your TransUnion credit report.
 
I have confirmed the lien is in fact gone and my FICO 8.0 went from a 718 to a 776. 
Message 65 of 221
Contributor

Re: Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?


danrather50 wrote:

After filing a complaint with the CFPB against Transunion for an open federal tax lien filed in 2013 citing the NCAP rules(the lien has a partially redacted SSI number and no DOB), this is the response I got today (I redacted the lien docket numbers):

 

Complaint Detail: responded

Status: Company responded on 8/7/2017

Response Type: Closed with non-monetary relief

Company's Response: Please be advised, Docket #************, #************ and #************* are currently not reported on your TransUnion credit report. In order to protect your privacy, we will mail an updated copy of your credit report as well as the full results of our reinvestigation, to the current address we have on file for you. You can expect to receive it in approximately 5 to 7 business days. If you have any further questions, please call us at 1-800-916-8800, Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM ET. Please visit http://transunion.com/consumerfaqs for frequently asked questions about your credit report.
 
DESCRIPTION OF NON-MONETARY RELIEF
 
We received your complaint about Docket #************* in your credit report, and apologize for any difficulty you may have experienced. This item identified in your complaint has been deleted from your TransUnion credit report.
 
I have confirmed the lien is in fact gone and my FICO 8.0 went from a 718 to a 776. 

Congrats!! This is interesting. I am thinking I am going to have to try this route for the hubby and I.  TU & EQ removed the lien from hubby's reports and EQ removed it from mine, but that still leaves it on TU & EX for me and EX for him.

 

Does anyone know if they have finished the process?

Message 66 of 221
Established Member

Re: Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?


Revelate wrote:

LShan82 wrote:
Revelate, did you dispute your liens or did they fall off automatically?

I tried disputing about two weeks ago, it came back verified with the usual LN verification garbage.

 

Fell off apparently automagically within the last week, apparently they're still removing liens though I didn't expect it to take this long.


I'm still looking for some of that auto"magic"! Paid Federal Tax Lien, partially redacted SSN and no DOB. Disputed with EX (my lowest score) citing NCAP. That was over two weeks ago and have not gotten a response. Just updated CK and lien still shows on EQ and TU. May have to follow danrather50's lead and complain to the CFPB. 

Message 67 of 221
Established Member

Re: Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?


danrather50 wrote:

After filing a complaint with the CFPB against Transunion for an open federal tax lien filed in 2013 citing the NCAP rules(the lien has a partially redacted SSI number and no DOB), this is the response I got today (I redacted the lien docket numbers):

 

Complaint Detail: responded

Status: Company responded on 8/7/2017

Response Type: Closed with non-monetary relief

Company's Response: Please be advised, Docket #************, #************ and #************* are currently not reported on your TransUnion credit report. In order to protect your privacy, we will mail an updated copy of your credit report as well as the full results of our reinvestigation, to the current address we have on file for you. You can expect to receive it in approximately 5 to 7 business days. If you have any further questions, please call us at 1-800-916-8800, Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM ET. Please visit http://transunion.com/consumerfaqs for frequently asked questions about your credit report.
 
DESCRIPTION OF NON-MONETARY RELIEF
 
We received your complaint about Docket #************* in your credit report, and apologize for any difficulty you may have experienced. This item identified in your complaint has been deleted from your TransUnion credit report.
 
I have confirmed the lien is in fact gone and my FICO 8.0 went from a 718 to a 776. 

Did you dispute with TU first? Thinking I'm going to have to go this route and didn't know if I needed to show that I've disputed with the CRA first.

Message 68 of 221
Valued Member

Re: Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?

What is CFPB?
Message 69 of 221
Regular Contributor

Re: Did YOUR tax lien stop reporting?

I had an Indiana state tax lien from 2010 that was removed from my Transunion report (it originally was going to be on there until 2021!).  It came off in July, which surprised me - didn't think it would happen so soon.  It only reported to one bureau, so I am set.  Good luck!!

Message 70 of 221