Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?

tag
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?

Mine didn't.  Pulled all three Fico 08 scores for DW and myself yesterday...  paid tax lein still showing on all six reports.

Did anyone have one actually go away?

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 1 of 248
247 REPLIES 247
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?

There have been multiple reports that the removals won't start happening until July 10th. i don't know about an end date only that they should start removing them next week. Someone mentioned it may have something to do with the holiday.
Message 2 of 248
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Thank you for that... I hope that is the case.

Our last name starts with B, so hopefully, we'll be near the beginning of the cleaning process... 

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 3 of 248
pauper66
Valued Member

I had one come back.

A tax lien from 2008. I paid it earlier this year, in May, and it was removed from EX in May, and from  and EQ in June at month's end. It was never on TU. Then on July 1-2 i get alerts that It's back on EX and now on TU.  But at least its  showing as released.

I filed disputes on the 4th, but so far, I'm at the "hurry up and wait" point.

I was at 418 in April 2016, and managed to get all scores over 720 in May of this year. I lost 24 on TU.  EQ doesn't seem to have been affected, but it still currently shows one collection (medical that was supposed to have been removed by collection agency).

Message 4 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today on CK, my state tax lien is gone from Equifax, which increased VS by 10 points. No changes on MyFico or with TU or EX.

Message 5 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing different for us yet... not sure if there is any way for us to know when they are actually done with the deletions, but they are still showing on CK for TU & EQ and on CCT for EX - cant run the 3 report score for another 3 days for me and 10 days for DH... 

Is there an actual end date that we should assume ours are valid if they are still there after said date?

Our tax lien was just released last month because we paid it off and the letter I received said it would be sent to the clerk of deeds office... I waited 30 days and checked with the county and they dont show they received the release yet. Called the state yesterday and they confirm it was sent, but said it could up to 90 days for the county to update it. His advice "Give it some more time".  LOL - Seriously does he not understand I'm trying my best here???? 

Message 6 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just pulled my experian and it has not cleared and mine was previously released. I'm interested to see when this will happen and would be interested to know if any one has had their lein remove yet?

Message 7 of 248
Crazy4sc
Valued Member

My  California paid state tax  lien from 2014 was removed .   The only credit bureau showing it was tu. My score went up 27 points.

Message 8 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome! Good for you!!! Mine is from 2014 as well, but I'm still waiting. I hope I have the same results as you got! Thanks for sharing.
Message 9 of 248
Crazy4sc
Valued Member

Thank you ....I'm so excited ,plus it went off my husbands today too ... I hope yours falls off too . I think they are just starting to fall off on tu.

Message 10 of 248
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.