Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dog gets turned over to collection by AFNI

tag
demi
Established Contributor

Dog gets turned over to collection by AFNI

Just saw this on our local TV news site....yeesh.

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Dog gets turned over to collection by AFNI

How can anyone that stupid and sloppy remain in business???

Wonder how you-know-you will react when they find that a dog is an AU on one of their cards... Smiley Indifferent
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 9
marty56
Super Contributor

It makes you wonder though of collection agencies, after stricking out with the real person, decide to got after the next person who has that name.

It is scary to think that someone could be bullied to pay a debt that really wasnt their's in this manor.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope that dog is ready for an Amex FR after this. Smiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

So does the dog have to be 15 is dog years or earth years?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a call this week from a CA trying to get a hold of my friend to collect on an old Cellular bill. No idea how they got my phone number unless they went though one of his old cell bills / call logs?

He did use my phone to call another CA who Caller ID'd my number, saved it and who might have "illegally" shared this information.

They never called back, I never called them. I got nothing to worry about they are asking for my friends name. Weird.
Message 6 of 9
MattH
Senior Contributor

A few years ago I got a few calls from a collection agency looking for somebody with a name similar to mine whose last known address was about 35 miles from mine. This person's phone had been disconnected so when the collector searched for their name in Connecticut they came up with me. I sent them a certified letter basically saying "I have never resided in the town where the person you seek was once located, I can prove I have resided in my current zip code since 1992, and I have never done business with the original creditor you name, I do not know of any relatives in the town where the person you seek once resided, you have reached an utter dead end so please go away," and after a few more phone calls that ended the matter.

I verified that none of this ever hit my credit reports...
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had several debt collectors (25 different ones, in total) call my business phone for looking for a guy. Never knew him. Never employed him (though one CA accused me of it). Never even heard of the guy prior.

One CA tried to bully me into voluntarily garnishing the guy's wages (someone, again, who did NOT work for me!)!

One CA even went so far to say, after I explained for the gazillionth time that I had just opened this phone number, that if I "wanted the harassment to stop" to pay the guy's bills!! The NERVE!

Needless to say, not only was I annoyed at the guy (the guy who incurred so many debts -- I later found out that he was STILL giving creditors/CAs MY phone number), but the ENTIRE CA industry as well.

And that love affair continues to this day! Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That story makes as much sense as the Army did when they tried to call back an 80 year old nurse for deployment during Desert Storm!! o_O
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.