Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employers myth out on credit scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Employers myth out on credit scores

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070915/OPINION03/709150334/1001/BIZ

"We do not score for employment reports," says Maxine Sweet, a spokeswoman for the Experian credit bureau. "If you chose to do that, I think you would be breaking the law."

Employers can get limited credit reports on prospective employees, but they don't include lots of stuff found on a full credit history. They don't include your birth date or any information on joint accounts with a spouse, because that information could be used to discriminate in hiring. They also don't include your credit account numbers, to protect against fraud and ID theft.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Employers myth out on credit scores

i would never let a prospective employer pull my credit report..UNLESS its a job associated directly with financial markets...investments, insurance, banking, etc... this whole credit history need-to-know is perverse now
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Employers myth out on credit scores

I agree...I think we as Americans need to learn the words "none of your business" once again. (I almost left the country because of bad credit...but if I ever find myself on another blacklist, I'll be out of here.)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.