Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax - data breach - 143 million US consumers

tag
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

Re: Equifax - data breach - 143 million US consumers

@Hex wrote:
Notice that they waited a month before telling anyone. Also notice the news dump during a category 5 hurricane. They have the worst customer service of the CRB's. I hope they go bankrupt and it gets listed on their credit report!!! I hope they go out of business.

No I hope they fix what is broken and that all of the people who work for them and have done nothing wrong all still have jobs so that they can be productive members of societyl.

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 11 of 519
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax Data Breach

I read the same article.
Got CC #'s, SSN's, and the whole ball of wax.

New fave phrase;

Three biggest lies;
1. Your data is safe with us
2. Your data is safe with us
3. My goodness that's huge! (Data Breach)
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 12 of 519
Financiers
Valued Member

My favorite is, "Hey we just got hacked and 143 million people's data was stolen, but be sure to enter your information on our website to check and see if you were hacked." Totally feels safe to do, haha
Message 13 of 519
Hex
Valued Contributor

I don't want ANYONE to lose their jobs but I
can tell you from personal experience it won't be American jobs that are lost.
Message 14 of 519
Anonymous
Not applicable

Screw equifax, they're the worse
Message 15 of 519
Hex
Valued Contributor

I've never once spoken to an American whenever I have called them.
Message 16 of 519
Hex
Valued Contributor

Which is not to say I have any bad will for the Indian people. I hope they find better jobs not answering my telephone calls.
Message 17 of 519
Sevenfeet
Regular Contributor

Equifax is well known (or infamous) for using Indian call centers which can be frustrating for US customers not used to the accents.  For me, speaking to India isn't the problem.  Ths issue is poor training.  I'd rather have well trained off-shore CSRs any day over US based poorly trained ones.  But poorly trained off-shored resources just makes the problem worse.

Message 18 of 519
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

On the bright side, they're offering a free year of TrustedID Premier 3 bureau credit monitoring to all consumers, whether affected or not:

https://www.equifaxsecurity2017.com/

Message 19 of 519
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great! Another breach!

Message 20 of 519
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.