Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax - data breach - 143 million US consumers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax - data breach - 143 million US consumers

@Manonfire wrote:

for my wife it said that she was not impacted and it said to click below to complete her enrollment....but for me all it said wad my enrollment date. does that mean I wad possibly impacted?

That's weird. I wonder if they have tiers of affected, may be affected, probably not affected, definitely not affected. I'm not sure how they determine who can enroll right away and who has to wait.

Message 61 of 519
Chickenpotpie
Frequent Contributor

I checked and it didn't say if I was affected or not.  enrollment date for me is 9-11.

Message 62 of 519
EW800
Valued Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

It gets better. 3 executives sold 1.8 million in stock after the breach was discovered:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-07/three-equifax-executives-sold-stock-before-reveal...

Insider trading, anyone? Smiley Mad

I say BS to this.  One of the three is the CFO.  There is no way the CFO was not one of the first to be informed....  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 63 of 519
EW800
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I enrolled both my wife and I hoping to get some details on impact, personally.  The enrollment only provided me with dates on when to come back for continuing the enrollment, not other details on whether or not actually impacted.  Has anyone received any other details on personal impact or know how to retrieve this information?

I'm in the same boat.  Got a message that I am eligible to enroll on 9/11/17 or something like that.  I assume that means that I was a victim of this, however it did not say that specifically.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 64 of 519
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@EW800 wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

It gets better. 3 executives sold 1.8 million in stock after the breach was discovered:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-07/three-equifax-executives-sold-stock-before-reveal...

Insider trading, anyone? Smiley Mad

I say BS to this.  One of the three is the CFO.  There is no way the CFO was not one of the first to be informed....  

+1... Complete BS.  They certainly will be looked at and most certainly knew..This is only starting hidden by the hurricanes so far by main street media by more pressing matters

Message 65 of 519
EW800
Valued Contributor

Has anyone actually gone to the site and specifically been advised that you may have been impacted?  I am just getting a message saying that I am eligible to register for the credit monitoring on 9/11/17.  It does not actually say that I was or was not impacted.  

Message 66 of 519
Anonymous
Not applicable

@EW800 wrote:

Has anyone actually gone to the site and specifically been advised that you may have been impacted?  I am just getting a message saying that I am eligible to register for the credit monitoring on 9/11/17.  It does not actually say that I was or was not impacted.  

Did you not read my post?

Message 67 of 519
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

EQ still charged me despite police report.  On top of that I had to pay for my police report.

$50 later, all my stuff was on lockdown.  

Wonder if I was tapped despite having a lock on my reports.

Yeah, in a few states, there are no laws regarding who should be charged for the freeze, and the fee associated with it. A Fraud Alert is free with all three bureaus, and can be a good initial step to take if you think you might become a victim of identity theft. 

My state (Nevada) has some of the highest fees for credit freezes outside of Identity Theft: 

http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/credit-card-freeze-data-1276.php

Thank you DeeBee - very helpful!

I'd love to see a federal law that requires that if a CRA suffers a data breach, THEY will be the ones required to pay for any data freeze fees. Better still, those fees should be made illegal...

Message 68 of 519
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was my husband's message:

AffectedDH.JPG

This was my message:

Affected.JPG

Message 69 of 519
Anonymous
Not applicable

I heard EQ plans to add 10 years of AAoA to anyone affected.
Message 70 of 519
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.