Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax - data breach - 143 million US consumers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax - data breach - 143 million US consumers

@Anonymous wrote:

I came here to post about this... so here's another article https://a.msn.com/r/2/AArtjNI?m=en-us

This article says that "[Eq] said there was no evidence of a breach into its core consumer or commercial credit reporting databases." Not sure which 143m were stolen then...

It's really too soon to tell just how bad the breach is. These things take a loooooong time and tech effort to figure out what all has been done, and considering how terrible EQ is with tech... Well...

Message 91 of 519
EW800
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@EW800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I just read somewhere that by signing up to use Equifax's credit monitoring service - TrustedId Premier, you agree not to participate in any class action lawsuit against Equifax. That's according to TrustedId Premiers terms of service. Anyone else seen any info regarding that?

That does not surprise me at all.  The CEO stated in the audio messages that he wants Equifax to be remembered for how they have handled this.  So far, I am NOT impressed.  Over a month to inform consumers, informing us just when one of the biggest storms ever is approaching the US, three executives selling stock a couple of days after the breach was discovered (one being hte CFO), only making the monitoring service for one year when we could be facing issues from this years from now, and having to agree to no class action lawsuit for a service that they are likely paying very little for (per consumer).  

Not impressed, Equifax...

You have to agree to no class action lawsuit to use their free service?  Credit Karma monitors Equifax for free.  I hope no one falls for their free service.

Nope, I have already decided that DH and I don't need this ridiculous service. I have FICO Ultimate and he has CCT, and we are both going to freeze our reports. I didn't agree to any terms of service yet, so I think I'm good.

I agree, same here.  I have MyFICO Ultimate, CCT, CK and take peaks through back doors.  Should be pretty well covered.  I am not going to commit to the one year deal, as in my opinion is not that good of a deal at all to warrant having to give up rights (assuming that is even enforceable).  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2023: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 92 of 519
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax Security Breach

@Anonymous wrote:
Serious question, my EQ has been locked (via TU) since April except for brief moments when I unlocked it for Discover and PenFed apps in May and July, do you guys think I may have been lucky enough to escape this carnage?

Credit reports were not the compromised data, so a credit freeze would not have prevented this. Your name, address, phone number, DOB, SSN, and in some cases account information, were compromised. Everything someone needs to open an account in your name. 

Message 93 of 519
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is crazy. And during the hurricane. 

I’ve never froze my CR’s, do you have to pay with all 3 to do it? Is the process pretty simple? I think I will freeze mine. It didn’t say I was affected I got the 9/11 date. I also heard about not signing up for the monitoring service because you agree to be not apart of a lawsuit. 

Message 94 of 519
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This is crazy. And during the hurricane. 

I’ve never froze my CR’s, do you have to pay with all 3 to do it? Is the process pretty simple? I think I will freeze mine. It didn’t say I was affected I got the 9/11 date. I also heard about not signing up for the monitoring service because you agree to be not apart of a lawsuit. 

I did not select anything to say I agreed to "not" be a part of a lawsuit.  Where are you reading this?

Message 95 of 519
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m not 100% certain but apparently it’s in the terms of service when you complete the sign up. A couple here at my fico has mentioned it
Message 96 of 519
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This was my husband's message:

AffectedDH.JPG

This was my message:

Affected.JPG

This graphic should be put onto the first page, as I'm sure many people reading this thread are getting very upset with the way EQ has set this up

Message 97 of 519
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: Heard about Equifax security breach?

There is an extensive thread going on under Credit In The News. 

Message 98 of 519
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This was my husband's message:

AffectedDH.JPG

This was my message:

Affected.JPG

This graphic should be put onto the first page, as I'm sure many people reading this thread are getting very upset with the way EQ has set this up

That will take a moderator. I think it was several pages in on my first post, but I could add it there.

Edit: My first post was on Page 6, and I posted these graphics on Page 7, so unless a mod puts it on Page 1, it won't do much good for me to add it to my first post. Smiley Happy

Message 99 of 519
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, all three of my reports are on ice now. DH is deciding not to freeze his. Such a pain in the patooty. Smiley Frustrated

Message 100 of 519
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.