Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax - data breach - 143 million US consumers

CreditCuriousity wrote:

DeeBee78 wrote:

It gets better. 3 executives sold 1.8 million in stock after the breach was discovered:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-07/three-equifax-executives-sold-stock-before-reveal...

Insider trading, anyone? Smiley Mad

Somehow I think the security and trade commission will be looking into this and they will be prosecuted as that is inside information if it is true.

might have filed an anonymous complaint with the SEC, to ensure it's looked into. Smiley LOL

Starting scores: 552 EQ, 570 TU, 558 EX Current scores (9/1/17): 727 EQ 748 TU 731 EX
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

I enrolled both my wife and I hoping to get some details on impact, personally.  The enrollment only provided me with dates on when to come back for continuing the enrollment, not other details on whether or not actually impacted.  Has anyone received any other details on personal impact or know how to retrieve this information?

New Contributor
0 Kudos

I got the same message giving me date of 9/14/17 to enroll in their protection thing.

But it didn't mention if I was impacted

In early August I had tried to obtain my annual credit report and was told I had to snail mail my
information.

I'm wondering if they were already aware of the breach then and wanted everything done by hand just to be safe.

But I'm guessing the hackers still could have got my 2017 information so sad. Idk what to do know.
775 (Equi by Citi)
760 (Trans by Cap1,Barclay,Discover)
757 (Exp by Amex)
Amex 22k Discover It 5.3k CF 4.6k Citi Diamond 4.5k Barclays 4.5k
Cap1 Visa 4.25k Cap1 MC 3k Freedom 2.5k Amazon 2k BoFA 1.8k
Established Member
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Deleted because yet again someone beat me to the punch.

Established Member
0 Kudos

Yet they charged me 5 dollars to freeze my reports there.......

Gardening till: June 1st 2018 Minimum
Huntington Voice $7,500: Sync JCP $5,000: Sync Napa Car Care $2,500: Amex Blue Cash ED $1,000: Amex Everyday Cash. $1,000: Discover $500: Cap 1 $500
Established Member

I hope this will lead to getting rid of the law that we have to provide our Socal Security Account Number. Doubt it.

This was only intended for our SS Account and not for identification, but laws were changed.

Super Contributor

Re: Equifax Data Breach

Financiers wrote:
My favorite is, "Hey we just got hacked and 143 million people's data was stolen, but be sure to enter your information on our website to check and see if you were hacked." Totally feels safe to do, haha

+1

What else to add that hasn't already been said or discovered etc. This is of course highly unacceptable and potentially permanently debilitating for many.

Last App-Jan 26* It's All In The Magic Of Your Own Destiny * FICO TU 769 EQ 723 EX 777
Established Contributor

Really they should go out of business over this.  They can't even remove wrong addresses from my report, have my occupation from a job I had over 20 years ago when I was in college. and don't give early exclusions,

funny i I had a conversation with a coworker today.  We have two programs that each create a file.  The only difference is one includes SSN and date of birth and the other does not and is pubocallly downloadable,  A guy on my team wanted to combine them and just have them called with a different parameter and I said no if someone runs with the wrong parameter and 5 million people's Data is posted on a public website we will all be out of jobs no matters who's fault it is.  

January 15 2017 Experian 527 Transunion 528 Equifax 529
August 1 2017 Experian 702, Transunion 711, Equifax 715

BOA Cash Rewards, AMEX BCE, AMEX PRG, AMEX Ameriprise Platinum, AMEX SPG, CITI AADvantage Platinum, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Southwest Plus, Barclay Arrival +, Barclay AAdvantage Red Aviator, USAA Prefered Cash Rewards , Cap One Quicksilver, Lendup L card, JCrew, Pottery Barn, Express, NFCU Go Rewards.. 130k total credit lines.
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

DeeBee78 wrote:

It gets better. 3 executives sold 1.8 million in stock after the breach was discovered:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-07/three-equifax-executives-sold-stock-before-reveal...

Insider trading, anyone? Smiley Mad

Sounds like jail time for them.  Maybe not though as U.S. Attorney who was going after these Wall Street cheats was fired.  

January 15 2017 Experian 527 Transunion 528 Equifax 529
August 1 2017 Experian 702, Transunion 711, Equifax 715

BOA Cash Rewards, AMEX BCE, AMEX PRG, AMEX Ameriprise Platinum, AMEX SPG, CITI AADvantage Platinum, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Southwest Plus, Barclay Arrival +, Barclay AAdvantage Red Aviator, USAA Prefered Cash Rewards , Cap One Quicksilver, Lendup L card, JCrew, Pottery Barn, Express, NFCU Go Rewards.. 130k total credit lines.
Established Member

gamewithrules wrote:

... and adding gas to the fire, the link they've given out for consumers to check if their info was potentially impacted doesn't do that:

https://www.equifaxsecurity2017.com/potential-impact/

Clicking the 'Check Potential Impact' button serves a form that asks for last name and last 6 digits of your social security number. When I enter this info and click continue, all I get is a message that says:

- - - - - - 

Thank You

Your enrollment date for TrustedID Premier is:

09/13/2017

Please be sure to mark your calendar as you will not receive additional reminders. On or after your enrollment date, please return tofaq.trustedidpremier.com and click the link to continue through the enrollment process.

- - - - - - 

... which doesn't address whether my info has been impacted. The link in the message just serves a general info page. Not cool. 

+1

Same thing I got. It said it would tell you a message if we are impacted. My first thought was crap it told me to enroll, but maybe if it doesn't give us the message that we are the few lucky ones not impacted?? One can only hope. I'm still enrolling tho.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.