Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax - data breach - 143 million US consumers

Bella007 wrote:

This was my husband's message:

AffectedDH.JPG

This was my message:

Affected.JPG

Very helpful.  Thank you!

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
Sep 2017: EX8: 736; EQ8: 732; TU8: 743; EQ04: 730 FICO 9 Scores about 50 points higher
In My Wallet: Discover $60.2K; Cap1 Venture $30.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $12.5K; Amex Delta Gold $15K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Citi TY Pref $13K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $205.5K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Valued Member

I got the enrollment button as well.  When I finished enrolling it said it would email me details at some future undetermined time.  Them being busy selling stock and all..

In the garden as of 8/23/2017. I plan on relaxing here until April, 2018.
Starting June 2017 EQ-629, TU-636, EX-637
Current as of September 2017 EQ-653, TU-674, EX-650
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

Gubmint wrote:

I got the enrollment button as well.  When I finished enrolling it said it would email me details at some future undetermined time.  Them being busy selling stock and all..

Yeah, I'm still waiting for the link to complete my enrollment. I'm really freaking annoyed at this whole thing.

Current Scores------ EQ 679; TU 653; EX 681 FICO 08---------------- Gardening until "Winter is Over"
Beginning Scores-- EQ 632; TU 576; EX 619 FICO 08 (06/13/16) - BK7 discharged 11/2015

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor

Yiiiiiiiiiikes! Smiley Surprised

I'll take a free lifetime subscription to myfico monitoring, and a free lifetime freeze/unfreeze option whenever I want! lol

Current FICO 8's: EX 715, TU 707, EQ 699
Gardening for 15/24 months
Oldest TL: 5yr 7mo - AAoA: 2yr 11mo - INQ: EX(7) - EQ(5) - TU(7)
Plans: Get 700's; Pay off medical debt
Regular Contributor

Just when we thought Equifax couldn't get any worse...

736 EX (3 INQ) / 717 TU (2 INQ) / 717 EQ (3 INQ) | AAoA: 8 months | CL: $5,250
Valued Contributor

Anyone else think that for a breach of this size, one year of the TrustedID is not nearly long enough. Compromised data such as this can be floating around out there for years.  It is not necessary acted on by criminals in the first 365 days.  We could become victims years from now.  I think they should have made this two to three years, at the least.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
Sep 2017: EX8: 736; EQ8: 732; TU8: 743; EQ04: 730 FICO 9 Scores about 50 points higher
In My Wallet: Discover $60.2K; Cap1 Venture $30.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $12.5K; Amex Delta Gold $15K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Citi TY Pref $13K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $205.5K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Valued Contributor

EW800 wrote:

Anyone else think that for a breach of this size, one year of the TrustedID is not nearly long enough. Compromised data such as this can be floating around out there for years.  It is not necessary acted on by criminals in the first 365 days.  We could become victims years from now.  I think they should have made this two to three years, at the least.  

Totally agree. I'm going to put all my reports on ice, and DH is too. This will keep us safe, and help keep me in the garden club. Smiley Tongue

Current Scores------ EQ 679; TU 653; EX 681 FICO 08---------------- Gardening until "Winter is Over"
Beginning Scores-- EQ 632; TU 576; EX 619 FICO 08 (06/13/16) - BK7 discharged 11/2015

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

Hex wrote:
Notice that they waited a month before telling anyone. Also notice the news dump during a category 5 hurricane. They have the worst customer service of the CRB's. I hope they go bankrupt and it gets listed on their credit report!!! I hope they go out of business.

Could not agree more. Horrible company. Hope they sink like the Titanic (they won't, though). 

Valued Contributor

K-in-Boston wrote:

On the bright side, they're offering a free year of TrustedID Premier 3 bureau credit monitoring to all consumers, whether affected or not:

https://www.equifaxsecurity2017.com/

Thank You
Your enrollment date for TrustedID Premier is:
09/13/2017
Please be sure to mark your calendar as you will not receive additional reminders. On or after your enrollment date, please return to faq.trustedidpremier.com and click the link to continue through the enrollment process.
For more information visit the FAQ page.

Senior Contributor

c00mtg wrote:

Great! Another breach!

Once more into the breach; dear friends; once more;

Or close the wall up with our Equifax dead.

- William Shakespeare

TU-8: 771 EX-8: 775 EQ-8: 771    EX-8 Bankcard: 805    TU-9 Bankcard: 795 EQ-9: 822    EX-98: 725 EQ-04: 740 Total $437,800

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.