cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax hacked again with game Flash update...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax hacked again with game Flash update...

this time to redirect to fake Flash update...

Equifax hacked again!!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax hacked again with game Flash update...

This is so much lololol for me.  EQ typically has been my "most hated" CRA (although TU took the cake this year by not nuking my tax lien reporting).  I hope it costs them billions, some jail time, and a loss of reputation for years to come.

Sadly, EQ is well tied to the intelligence community in many major countries, so they have strong backing to not just go away.  But at least some folks will get hit in the wallet.

As for me and possible identity theft, I don't care anymore.  If some bank gives a criminal third party an account with my information, you best believe I have the funding to go to legal war against them for years if necessary.  I'd be gleeful if my identity was stolen because I can envision some nice payouts for settling legal claims.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

When will EQ just go away... These two hacks were completely preventable....

Message 3 of 8
marty56
Super Contributor

LOL the soon to be ex CEO will blame a nation state actor

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yet all the top brass "retire" with staggering retirement bonuses. Since when does allowing a major security breach allow for leadership to still prosper? SMH.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

this time to redirect to fake Flash update...

Equifax hacked again!!!

We have the power to shut the company down, but unfortunately inaction will continue to take place.

The problem doesn't just lie with Equifax itself.... Equifax often penetrates through a bank's security system (when they pull your credit) to access it and give information to the bank, as well as receive information from the bank (such as your account info to put on the credit report). Hackers can easily mask themselves into an Equifax transmission and then penetrate other banking systems too, where your money is held. Lets just hope the banks cut ties with Equifax completely. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is so mind bending that such a huge company with all of are personal information just drops all are personal al information multiple times and still remains intact . This is entirely disrespectful to all Americans . I for one have had my identity stolen before and it was tragic to my life . I had to change the way I purchase everything , I work next to a Whole Foods and I’m so glad we have an encrypted Apple Pay . These company’s need to wise up!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It is so mind bending that such a huge company with all of are personal information just drops all are personal al information multiple times and still remains intact . This is entirely disrespectful to all Americans . I for one have had my identity stolen before and it was tragic to my life . I had to change the way I purchase everything , I work next to a Whole Foods and I’m so glad we have an encrypted Apple Pay . These company’s need to wise up!

Unfortunately the merchants would rather data mine our credit card informtion to use for advertising, and care about their bottom line too much in order to purchase and certify contactless properly, so we're stuck behind other countries like Canada, the UK, Australia, and every other major nation. Here it's all about stealing someone's information for a profit rather than protecting it. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.