Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax "Retirements" Have Begun

tag
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Equifax CEO $30M Payday When Fired

@Anonymous wrote:

Gotta love those golden parachutes. The worst part is the whole industry participates in this behavior with their executives. If only there was some sort of regulator that could crack down on these things...

I've been a government employee for many years and the problem is the government is worse.  We promote poeple who should be fired.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 11 of 19
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@marty56 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Gotta love those golden parachutes. The worst part is the whole industry participates in this behavior with their executives. If only there was some sort of regulator that could crack down on these things...

I've been a government employee for many years and the problem is the government is worse.  We promote poeple who should be fired.

I've been an employee of my local county for several years and I haven't seen anything like that. In fact, when a voter referendum passed in the last election raising the minimum wage in Arizona to $10/hr. + requiring sick pay many part time county employees who get zero benefits got a pay raise & sick pay. I find comparing government employees to the champagne & caviar benefits the corporate execs get offensive.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Here is an idea instead of paying htem X amount if they are fired make them pay the company X amount instead.

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@marty56 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been an employee of my local county for several years and I haven't seen anything like that. In fact, when a voter referendum passed in the last election raising the minimum wage in Arizona to $10/hr. + requiring sick pay many part time county employees who get zero benefits got a pay raise & sick pay. I find comparing government employees to the champagne & caviar benefits the corporate execs get offensive.

The problem is in most government places those that don't work don't get fired (or get promoted) or they just get shifted to another department or detailee to another place.

Now this isn't always true, you do have some that actually work the problem is they have to take up the slack of the others.

Message 14 of 19
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@marty56 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The problem is in most government places those that don't work don't get fired (or get promoted) or they just get shifted to another department or detailee to another place.

Now this isn't always true, you do have some that actually work the problem is they have to take up the slack of the others.

Many times after these who get fired, get their big pay day - they go elsewhere for a job, still making a ton of money.. I wouldn't be shocked if we see him working for experian or TU down the road.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 15 of 19
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax "Retirements" Have Begun

@marty56 wrote:

IMHO it was a TU mole that did it.

As a cyber secruity professional, I might benefit from this.  Show me the money!

I work around the network security space though I wouldn't call myself a professional... though that may be unavoidable with the current technology trends.

That said, the "retiring" c-level folks aren't going to jail over this; there will assuredly be a class action lawsuit against Equifax for damages or similar, but unless gross or willing negligence can be proved I can't see this happening.

It'd be a scary precedent to set: nobody, no company, no individual, no government is 100% defensible from hacks short of having a disconnected network (C2 grade or higher IIRC); that is impossible with Equifax's business model as they're absurdly interconnected in today's economy by their very nature.

        
Message 16 of 19
EW800
Valued Contributor

It is now being reported that CEO Richard Smith has “retired”. No doubt he has left with an armored truck full of cash.

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 17 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

According to the Hill the CEO will walk with 90M....

http://thehill.com/policy/technology/352807-equifax-ceo-to-collect-90-million-report

Message 18 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@gdale6 wrote:

According to the Hill the CEO will walk with 90M....

http://thehill.com/policy/technology/352807-equifax-ceo-to-collect-90-million-report

Ya he "quit".. Sad he is walking with so much.. He grew the company but also shrunk it under his leadership

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.