cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax "Retirements" Have Begun

Valued Contributor

Equifax "Retirements" Have Begun

And the "retirements" begin....

http://ktla.com/2017/09/15/equifaxs-chief-information-officer-and-chief-security-officer-retiring/

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
Dec 2017: EX8: 736; EQ8: 736; TU8: 747; EQ04: 734 FICO 9 Scores about 50 points higher
In My Wallet: Discover $63.7K; Cap1 Venture $36.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $12.5K; Amex Delta Gold $15K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Citi TY Pref $13K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $209.8K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax "Retirements" Have Begun

Don't doubt with a hefty severence package.

Amex Green • Amex BCP • Amex HH (Surpass®) • Barclay Rewards • Chase World of Hyatt • Capital One Quicksilver • Discover it • PENFED Platinum Rewards • Marvel MC • Amazon Store • Kohls Store • CL $92,130 • Car Loan (PENFED) 1.99%

FICO® 8 Scores 790+
Message 2 of 19
Regular Contributor

Sailing out on Golden parachutes - I am sure. Still not going to keep them out of jail...

What's in my wallet? Amex Blue Cash Preferred | Capital One QS & Venture | Chase Freedom & IHG | Discover It | PenFed Power Cash Rewards | In The Garden since today!
Message 3 of 19
Valued Contributor

I agree completely. I am sure they both got incredible packages and at least at the moment are probably laughing at us in on the way to the bank.

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
Dec 2017: EX8: 736; EQ8: 736; TU8: 747; EQ04: 734 FICO 9 Scores about 50 points higher
In My Wallet: Discover $63.7K; Cap1 Venture $36.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $12.5K; Amex Delta Gold $15K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Citi TY Pref $13K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $209.8K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 4 of 19
Valued Contributor

plaidington wrote:

Sailing out on Golden parachutes - I am sure. Still not going to keep them out of jail...

Considering that only one banking exec went to jail after the last financial crisis, I'm more cynical about the chances of any successful prosecution.

Perks, purchase protection, and sketchy merchants: Schwab Platinum.....Price rewind and extended warranties: Costco.....Travel insurance: Prestige and Hyatt.....Renewal night: IHG.....Taxes/Misc: SPG.....SD and of limited use: Discover, Freedom, FreedomUn, ED, BCE, Arrival

Total CL: Enough
Message 5 of 19
Regular Contributor

wasCB14 wrote:

plaidington wrote:

Considering that only one banking exec went to jail after the last financial crisis, I'm more cynical about the chances of any successful prosecution.

Similar here. There will almost certainly be political hearings, speechifying and statements galore (my state AG, whom I do adore for getting actual stuff accomplished too, is already shuffling out statements left and right) but I have my doubts about whether there will be any true consequences of it all. Maybe an example or two, but not what actually needs to happen to make widespread change - not just at CRAs, but everywhere that handles our identity information (which, today, is pretty much everyone). 

Ch7 discharged 10/2017. Pre-file FICOs high 400s.
11/2017 EX 609; EQ 634; TU 583
Message 6 of 19
Community Leader
Super Contributor

CEO soon be released by the board of directors / stakeholders guessing a few weeks max followed be the CFO for bad judgement and most likely insider trading and the list will grow.

Chase | Citibank | Amex | BofA | PenFed | NFCU | Discover | Barclay's | US Bank | Fifth Third Bank | FNBO
Message 7 of 19
Super Contributor

IMHO it was a TU mole that did it.

As a cyber secruity professional, I might benefit from this.  Show me the money!

12/08/2017 FICO: EQ 843 TU 849 EX 844
Message 8 of 19
Valued Contributor

Equifax CEO $30M Payday When Fired

This artcle claims that when Equifax's CEO is fired, he will walk away with about $30M.  The victims of this breach will get enough to perhaps cover a cup of coffee, if that.  

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/if-youre-an-equifax-victim-dont-expect-more-than-a-few-bucks-in-com...

Message 9 of 19
New Contributor

Re: Equifax CEO $30M Payday When Fired

Gotta love those golden parachutes. The worst part is the whole industry participates in this behavior with their executives. If only there was some sort of regulator that could crack down on these things...

Chase Freedom UnlimitedChase FreedomAmazon Prime Rewards Visa SignatureCapital One QuicksilverPenFed Power Cash Rewards Visa Signature
Message 10 of 19