Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Score 9 Introduces Refined Analysis of Medical Collections

tag
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: FICO Score 9 Introduces Refined Analysis of Medical Collections

Interesting comments on the projected adoption of FICO9 by Mortgage Lenders:

"Although the jury is still out as to how many mortgage borrowers will benefit from FICO 9, the change is going to take a while before it starts to help. According to Tom Showalter, chief analytics officer at Digital Risk, a risk, compliance and transaction management company, it can take some time before mortgage lenders make changes since they are notoriously slow to adopt updates. “Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are still on FICO 5 or 6,” says Showalter. “It may take about a year to test it and another year for the adoption period. If in 2016 we see aggressive uptake of FICO 9 that would be light speed.”

http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2014/09/10/what-fico-new-credit-score-formula-means-for-...

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't say that. After trying to file an assault charge I got bad advice from the police officer and got screwed over by the state, and some doctors. The doctors said they would accept installments and passed it to Collections before the first payment.

Throughout this I was talking with 2 lawyers, the DA, at least 8 collectors and doctors offices, my bank, a property owner and renter without insurance trying to get all this figured out and paid for. I came out of it fairly well, only with the knowledge and tools I had to use. But everying finantially was ruined. I can still see a couple of those collections on my report, it's a painstaking reminder of what all happened. 

Now I'm trying to rebuild my credit from 554, and trying to apply for credit card to avoid late fees on bills because my prior buffer was depleated and my credit cards were closed. I can't apply for a morgage and save based on average morgages around here about $200/month either until everything is cleaned up.

I might have shared too much but medical expenses can really destroy your budget briefly, but your credit for a long while.

Message 12 of 13
Marcos8
Established Contributor

@cashnocredit wrote:

@Trapper123 wrote:

Do you think settled for less than full amount taglines would be considered "paid collections" so that they would disappear?

Settled accounts are bypassed in FICO 09 as well.

However, paid collections are still shown on your credit reports. They just won't affect FICO 09 scores.

I have never had any collections medical or otherwise. I did though have a short sale of my house that lists both the first and second mortgage as paid in full for less than full balance/charge off/settled. Will this new version of FICO supposedly help me or are these changes strictly related to other types of settled accounts that were in collections only? Thanks

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.