Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FINAL VISA Card Closing ALL Accounts Folks :(

Maybe they ran out of disposable credit card numbers.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had my Final Visa for 11 months w/ $5k limit. Only reason I applied was for the concept of having a reward card for a safe internet shopping alternative. Now I have to wait 13 months for the HP to be removed and it shortened my credit history by opening the account...and for nothing! Last time I try something new.

Message 3 of 14
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

so whats next Blisspay ?? darn lolzzz

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Had my Final Visa for 11 months w/ $5k limit. Only reason I applied was for the concept of having a reward card for a safe internet shopping alternative. Now I have to wait 13 months for the HP to be removed and it shortened my credit history by opening the account...and for nothing! Last time I try something new.

Inquiries only ding your score for 12 months.  They appear for 24 but have no scoring effect after 12 months.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, Didn't know that ABCD2199, thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm a noob to the forums (even though I must have made this account some time ago). It's great to have a place to go to clear up credit misconceptions and learn some strats and tactics to improve. 

Message 6 of 14
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

I didn't know about this card until now. I probably would have used it as my online shopping card.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw this one coming miles away.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mahraja wrote:

Email came Bye bye Final Visa to all cards SO LONG final ......475.jpg476.jpg

How will this report to the CBs and affect credit scores?  Just wondering.  I have the card with a $5000 limit but barely used it.

Thanks

Message 9 of 14
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

they are closing all Accounts Jan 17th 2018 pay it in full and close it before they do.... it would be good thing for your report as the card would show (closed @ consumer request) and if your Utilization is high already on other accounts than you mite get small score drop but it depends on your profile and utilization etc.

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.