Established Contributor
ccnewcc

FREE CREDIT SCORES: CFPB asks all banks to participate

CFPB Director, Richard Cordray sent the following letter to (presumably) all U.S. banks asking the CEOs to provide free credit scores to all their customers.

"Recently several credit card issuers have introduced programs that promise to expand dramatically the number of consumers who are more easily and more routinely acquainted with their credit information. The programs provide customers, directly and at no cost, the same credit scores these issuers obtain in their normal course of managing their customers’ credit portfolios along with educational materials to help them understand the score.

"I strongly encourage you to make the credit scores on which you rely available to your customers regularly and freely, along with educational content to help them make use of this information. We will consider this to be a 'best practice' in the industry."

See the full leter here: http://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/201402_cfpb_letters_credit-scores.pdf

Valued Contributor
my-own-fico

Re: FREE CREDIT SCORES: CFPB asks all banks to participate

See also Soon you might ignore your credit score every month. My Discover IT TU 08 this month is 839.

The lost luggage office’s trained professional, “Has your plane arrived yet?”

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}