Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fair Isaac in financial trouble?

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Fair Isaac in financial trouble?

Credit scoring giant Fair Isaac (NYSE:FIC - News) shocked Wall Street on Apr. 28 with weaker than expected quarterly results, and its stock sank 12% the next day on the news. But things could get even worse for the company, analysts warn. With banks pulling back on lending and consumers buying fewer cars and homes, demand for Fair Isaac's ubiquitous FICO score -- the three-digit number that signals a customer's credit worthiness -- is dropping.

At the same time, increasing criticism of FICO (BusinessWeek, 2/7/08) is helping upstart credit scoring firm VantageScore grab more business and put pressure on FICO pricing.

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fair Isaac in financial trouble?

Time to buy Fair Isaac stock!  Any discounts on trades for forum members?  Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sold my FI options this morning-

The SEC should be calling Barry any minute (Barry I promise I am kidding)

They could raise the price of a FICO score to $30 or 35 and include 1 share with it.

masdeocho wrote:
Time to buy Fair Isaac stock!  Any discounts on trades for forum members?  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Anyone up for a leveraged buyout or a hostile takeover?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Heard in the Fair Isaac board room:

"In business school I learned, or when I read about business school, we can't control the quality of our service.   But what we can control is the price.  Let's just raise the price.  Yeah.  There are people out there with disposable income.  Let's let them dispose of it to us".

And after that, Fair Isaac was financially saved.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.