Did you mean: 

Fancy New ATM Machines Article

tag
Roarmeister
Frequent Contributor

Re: Fancy New ATM Machines Article

@blondy250 wrote:

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

dont use atms??? How is that possible? Are you a CC user that pays in full when statement arrives?

umm real easy, you walk into the bank and deal with the bank teller. I abhore atm's and avoid them whenever possible which is 95% of the time.

I'm the exact opposite.  I started using ATMs 30 years ago and ever since I started Internet banking in 1995, I've rarely ever seen a human being at the counter.  ATMs are much more efficient and sometimes "friendlier"!

Starting Score: EQ 732 October 2007; Current Score: EQ 839; TU 865, July 2022;
Oldest Reporting EQ Account: 20.4 years; EQ AAoA: 9.9 years;
ACTUAL Oldest account 40.1 years; ACTUAL AAoA 19.3 years.

Message 11 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Interestingly enough, somewhat tangential, but I walked into a new Chase branch which just opened from me: no tellers.

Did have a full service feature but it was staffed with catch-all bankers (make a deposit and apply for a CC with one person), but nobody behind the counter.  Did have an odd moment walking in and looking for a deposit slip for a check I couldn't deposit via mobile app, definitely has a different feel to it.

        
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

After the most recent hacks... I am nervous about my information being available to an ATM.
Message 13 of 15
clocktick
Valued Contributor

I can't stand writing checks so sometimes I will go to the ATM for cash - for contractors, etc.  When I receive cash, I use the ATM even more frequently to deposit the money.  My main bank (Bank of America) will charge me if I don't (e-checking - online or ATM only). 

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 15
ceemee2203
Regular Contributor

My main bank is Schwab and there are no physical locations within a hundred miles of me, but I can use any ATM, anywhere, any time for free so I do.

I also have BofA as a backup and to depost cash (on the rare occasions that I need to do so) but I have an ebanking account so I can't see a teller unless I want to pay a fee (which I don't).

Current Cards: AMEX Everyday ($15k), AMEX BCE ($20k), Amex Platinum, Arrival ($11.5k), Merrill+ ($7.5k), Freedom ($5k), Double Cash ($6.5k)

2/16 - 864 Fico EQ (CITI); 818 Fico Ex (AMEX)
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.