Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fifth Third Bancorp to Consolidate Up to 100 Branches

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Fifth Third Bancorp to Consolidate Up to 100 Branches

Fifth Third Bancorp FITB -0.43 % said it plans to consolidate or sell about 100 of its branches and about 30 other properties, a move that comes as mobile and electronic banking grow in popularity.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/fifth-third-bancorp-to-consolidate-up-to-100-branches-1434973517

MI-CF734_1016fi_P_20141016162713.jpg

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fifth Third Bancorp to Consolidate Up to 100 Branches

Working there was the worst experience. Glad I'm not there anymore. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope they do not close the branch I go to, I had to start going to the branch directly due to them screwing up my mailed in payments!

As it is that is a 60+ mile round trip for me every month!

Message 3 of 6
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hope they do not close the branch I go to, I had to start going to the branch directly due to them screwing up my mailed in payments!

As it is that is a 60+ mile round trip for me every month!

What kind of account is it? In any case, I would NEVER go that far out of my way to do business with a bank...time to close/refi that loan to someone who processes things for you correctly, lol.

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a mortgage account, it was sold to 5th third about five years ago, and it has been hell dealing with them.

I would try to move it, but thanks to them I am stuck until I can get 2 years without lates showing up!

They are the worst I ever had to deal with, they treat me like I am the problem, I have to run around, get my bank staements showing the cashed check and fax it to them, they never fix the lates even after they fix the account payment data!

So as much as it sucks, I now make that trip so I can have the reciept in my hand from the teller, and I make sure they have the account right while I am there.

Message 5 of 6
ddemari
Super Contributor

Interesting! I have some 5/3 cc's and until recently I had to mail in payments or go to a branch. Now they have allowed the ability to push payments through their website but before I used it as an excuse to actually get rid of some checks, never use them lol. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.