Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier sues CardHub for 5 Million

tag
waters
Regular Contributor

First Premier sues CardHub for 5 Million

Being the most hated company in the world has to be hard. Apparently being rich also helps because you can just sue people who have bad reviews on their website about you.

i'm not an attorney but it appears that first premier is suing cardhub for:

1) showing interest rates of first premier products

2) showing fees on first premier products

3) showing reviews of first premier products

"First Premier executive would say only that the company “needs to retain control of its product”—meaning, presumably, that its product can’t survive unless consumers are kept in the dark."

you can read cardhub's request to have the case dismissed here. it is a good (though long) read (if the pdf is removed from the url i'll post it again)

if you want a shorter read you can read bad summaries here and here

edit: cbs also picked up the story: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/card-comparison-site-gets-sued-for-showing-card-comparisons/

6/2014; EX:621 EQ:627 TU:640
Cards: Capital One WORLD MC (QS): $7500 | Chase Freedom $3500
Sock: Merrick Bank $600 | Barclaycard $1250 | Sportsman's guide visa $2500

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: First Premier sues CardHub for 5 Million

So publishing information on their rates and fee structures isn't allowed because its proprietary and trademarked?   Strange that they are the only credit card issuer to think that. Cat Mad

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 6
Exonumist
Established Contributor

That is very funny. Guess they should sue pretty much everyone on this forum as well.

Message 3 of 6
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

So is First Premier stating that people don't like paying the following??

APR: 36%

Processing Fee: $25.00 (One-time fee)

Annual Fee: $175 for first year, after that $49.00 annually

Monthly Servicing Fee: None for the first year, after that $174.00 annually ($14.50 per month)

Source: https://www.mypremiercreditcard.com/viewpdf.aspx?type=S8Y9upH+hm+xQrgeDnHrFJZXYfYNEkUm2S+9vJ3UVeQ=&i...

With all that being said, I hope they don't sue me for post the aforementioned information!

Message 4 of 6
waters
Regular Contributor

the funny thing about that is according to the document - first premier has already scared myfico into removing links.. yours might be gone soon as i assume the links in question werent from myfico directly but from users =)

6/2014; EX:621 EQ:627 TU:640
Cards: Capital One WORLD MC (QS): $7500 | Chase Freedom $3500
Sock: Merrick Bank $600 | Barclaycard $1250 | Sportsman's guide visa $2500

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just closed their account yesterday. Their customer service is the worst and they're super rude. I will not give them my business ever again

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.