Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Ford going to use metrics besides FICO scores to give out loans

Interesting ....Thanks for posting!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have a subscription to the WSJ so I can't read it.  This article at Fox Business was published at the same time, has the same headline, and has the first two paragraphs.  Can the OP or anyone else who has access to the WSJ piece confirm it is identical to the WSJ piece?

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2017/08/25/ford-to-look-beyond-credit-scores-in-sales-push.html

The think that frustrates me is that the piece doesn't really tell you how they will be changing their process.   Not even a suggestion.  About the only thing they suggest they might do in addition to pulling your credit score is check to see if the cell phone number you are using to apply is a number you have had fo a long while, and whether you have an occupational license:

"Factors such as whether applicants supplied the same cellphone number on previous loan applications and whether they have occupational licenses could help to green-light their loan applications"

I couldn't see anything else really.  This revamping of their process must involve far more than that, but it seems like a pretty lame piece of investigative journalism not to find out what these changes might involve.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't have a subscription to the WSJ so I can't read it.  This article at Fox Business was published at the same time, has the same headline, and has the first two paragraphs.  Can the OP or anyone else who has access to the WSJ piece confirm it is identical to the WSJ piece?

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2017/08/25/ford-to-look-beyond-credit-scores-in-sales-push.html

The think that frustrates me is that the piece doesn't really tell you how they will be changing their process.   Not even a suggestion.  About the only thing they suggest they might do in addition to pulling your credit score is check to see if the cell phone number you are using to apply is a number you have had fo a long while, and whether you have an occupational license:

"Factors such as whether applicants supplied the same cellphone number on previous loan applications and whether they have occupational licenses could help to green-light their loan applications"

I couldn't see anything else really.  This revamping of their process must involve far more than that, but it seems like a pretty lame piece of investigative journalism not to find out what these changes might involve.

Looks to be the same article.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.