Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Capital

tag
MB2714
Regular Contributor

GE Capital Changing Name to Synchrony Financial

General Electric is selling its Ge Capital Finance division to become named Synchrony Financial Bank
Chapter 7 Discharge April 2015. .Transunion 662 07/2017
Equifax 652 07/2017
Experian 657 07/2017
Cap One QS $2,200; Cap One QS$2,950; Cap One PSVisa $1,100; Nordstrom Visa $3,500; Target $300; Syncb/Walmart $500; VonMaur $500; Cap1/Saks $500; Barclays MC(AU) $6,400; Buckle $250; Syncb/Car Care (AU) $2,500.
Message 31 of 46
MB2714
Regular Contributor

Re: GE Bank is changing to Synchrony ?

General Electric is selling the financial arm to focus on its core industrial division.,
Chapter 7 Discharge April 2015. .Transunion 662 07/2017
Equifax 652 07/2017
Experian 657 07/2017
Cap One QS $2,200; Cap One QS$2,950; Cap One PSVisa $1,100; Nordstrom Visa $3,500; Target $300; Syncb/Walmart $500; VonMaur $500; Cap1/Saks $500; Barclays MC(AU) $6,400; Buckle $250; Syncb/Car Care (AU) $2,500.
Message 32 of 46
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: GE Capital Changing Name to Synchrony Financial

I thought they were just splitting it off and not selling it but I guess thats the same thing

Message 33 of 46
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

They are splitting it off, with the split off they will sell off 25% I believe so they can get some cash flow.  Then later they will sell off the rest.  The new name in the split off is Synchrony.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 34 of 46
JustinS
Regular Contributor

This has been in the news for some time now. It's being done as an IPO (initial product offering) to be publicly traded and sold off. So it will be essentially it's own business entity no longer GE backed (different group of banks will be underwriting it).

Message 35 of 46
john398
Senior Contributor

@JustinS wrote:

This has been in the news for some time now. It's being done as an IPO (initial product offering) to be publicly traded and sold off. So it will be essentially it's own business entity no longer GE backed (different group of banks will be underwriting it).

So is this a good investment?

Message 36 of 46
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Merged both threads on this topic

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 37 of 46
Bowzer
Frequent Contributor

Looks like the walmart branded card will also change over to a mastercard later this year.

http://newsroom.mastercard.com/press-releases/sams-club-extends-contract-for-branded-credit-card-pro...

Message 38 of 46
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Bowzer wrote:

Looks like the walmart branded card will also change over to a mastercard later this year.

http://newsroom.mastercard.com/press-releases/sams-club-extends-contract-for-branded-credit-card-pro...

QUOTE FROM THAT PAGE:

As part of the extension, GE Capital’s Retail Finance business will continue to manage and service the credit card programs for Sam’s Club Savings, Business and Plus members.  Under the agreement, the Sam’s Club co-branded credit card programs will be converted to MasterCard later this year, providing members with a broader card acceptance network, as well as more robust features and benefits. Walmart has also extended their relationship with GE Capital Retail Bank and branded cards will transition to MasterCard later this year.

So, this means that instead of the Walmart store card upgrading to Discover, it will upgrade to MC now, is that right?

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 39 of 46
jodiescha68

Re: GE Capital

It appears that more stringent credit requirements are in order with the change. In the last month all my GECRB accts (I have/had 8) were either closed if they had a 0 balance or had the credit limit lowered to what the balance was. I have never had a late payment and only one acct is nearing the CL. This action has devistated my credit (50 pt drop because credit ratio change). The reason they gave was that my Credit score was lower than when I got the accts.

Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.