Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Capital

tag
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

Re: GE Capital

@jodiescha68 wrote:

It appears that more stringent credit requirements are in order with the change. In the last month all my GECRB accts (I have/had 8) were either closed if they had a 0 balance or had the credit limit lowered to what the balance was. I have never had a late payment and only one acct is nearing the CL. This action has devistated my credit (50 pt drop because credit ratio change). The reason they gave was that my Credit score was lower than when I got the accts.

I tried for a little CLI on my Care Credit and Discount Tire accounts.  I was denied for both so I decided I didn't need the DT account.  I'm in the mode of eliminating all CC's that stop growing with me.  Goodbye GE, CapOne and probably Chase.

Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 41 of 46
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

So I decided to close my Care Credit account also.  Now I don't have to deal with Synchrony.  I needed to drop down some accounts anyway since I was denied twice for CLI because I have too much available credit.  I won't be buying tires on credit from Discount Tire anymore because I have a wholesale source now.  Goodbye GE.  Time to focus on increasing AMEX, Citi, Discover and my CU.

Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 42 of 46
ah5883

They did the same to my account. I owed $160 on a card with a $500 limit. They knocked my limit down to $160. I'm in the process of buying a house and doing that could really screw me. I paid off the $160 and told them to close the account. I didn't use the card often and I spend more than that out of my pocket at Walmart. Sadly they lost a good customer tonight.
Message 43 of 46
blackedoutdodge

don't ask for a CLI it just ain't going to happen and if it does you'll be lucky to get half of what you asked for and you score better be in the 750 S
Message 44 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I logged into one of my accounts today, 10/07/2014, and it said that my account was being accquired by Wells Fargo, Starting November 7, 2014.

Message 45 of 46
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

They just closed all my GE/Syncrhony Accounts I checked pay balance in full instead of minimum payment (4000 check bounced) and they dont want to hear explaination... told me to write to CEO /executive offces... im kind of debating

Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.