cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE wants to unload Wal*Mart, Lowe's, etc.

tag
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

GE wants to unload Wal*Mart, Lowe's, etc.

Perhaps the best indication of the strains on the market is that the largest issuer of private label cards, General Electric, has indicated that it would like to quit the business altogether.

G.E., which has a $32 billion portfolio of cards for companies like Wal-Mart and Lowe’s, put its unit up for sale in December 2007 but abandoned the effort in September after it failed to find a buyer.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20090210/ZNYT01/902103018/1086/NEWS07?Title=Losses_mount_on_credit_...

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: GE wants to unload Wal*Mart, Lowe's, etc.

Oh, I would so be tempted to get a Lowe's card, if it were handled by a for-real bank!

--Well, no, being me, I probably wouldn't, but I'd put it on my list! Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 4
marty56
Super Contributor

2 of my 3 open CCs are GEMB prodcts.  One of which is 25 years old.  My luck it would go to BofA.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

With my luck, it would go to Chase.   They only cut my CL from $15k to $10k.  That would certainly be cut further.  After all, how often does a non-contractor spend more than a grand or two at Lowe's?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.