Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone ever hit 850?

tag
Dallasgirl
Valued Member

Has anyone ever hit 850?

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Banking/YourCreditRating/PerfectCreditYouDontNeedIt.aspx

I've often wondered if there was anyone out there who has ever attained the so-called "perfect score" of 850.  According to this article, 825 seems to be about as high as anyone could ever attain. 

I've been scouring these forums during the past week and everything I've read indicates that once you reach the higher score buckets (new lingo I picked up!), it really doesn't make a difference as far as getting lower interest rates with lenders.  I tend to be a little on the obsessive side, so I guess reaching the "holy grail" of credit scores will be forever elusive! Smiley Tongue

Photobucket
Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
jdp1
Valued Member

Re: Has anyone ever hit 850?

Well, I am in the Auto Industry so I see consumer scores on a daily basis.  The highest I have seen has been 867.  Granted, the scores are auto-enhanced.  I don't know how that score would translate to myfico.  I believe the 850 mark is definately attainable.  As far as rates go, 760-780 is typically considered Tier 1 for 95% of lenders.  I.E lowest rates possible. anything above that seems to be just for fluff.

Starting score: EQ08 - 590 (08/14)
Current Scores(11/14):
EQ08 - 662 : DCU - 656
TU08 - 656 : CK - 655
EX08 - 636 : CS - 674

$500 Cap1 : $500 Cap1 QS

Goal: 720 by 4/15
Message 2 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I work at a credit union as a teller and everytime I pull up a members account I am able to see their EX Fico score.  The highest score I have seen is 835. He is abuot 62 yrs old and said he has no negatives reporting and always pays on time. I dont know much about his credit mix or util or anything like that.
Message 3 of 43
Dallasgirl
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:
I work at a credit union as a teller and everytime I pull up a members account I am able to see their EX Fico score.  The highest score I have seen is 835. He is abuot 62 yrs old and said he has no negatives reporting and always pays on time. I dont know much about his credit mix or util or anything like that.

Wow, that's pretty cool.  I'll have to check with my credit union to see if they have that same capability!

835?  He's obviously doing something right!

Photobucket
Message 4 of 43
GFer
Valued Contributor

I pull credit for customers daily through TU and highest I've seen is 813 and she was 67. Honestly don't remember the other specifics.

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Dallasgirl, that credit union is Dallas Telco Federal Credit Union in downtown Dallas.

The fico score for members doesnt get reported all that often and I dont know how it works but the credit union automatically does an update for members peridocially. The guy with the 835 CS was updated on 6/25/08 and then before that it was a CS of 822 on 11/20/2006 and it looks as if the CS was 714 in 03 so if I see this person again I may have to ask what exactly he is doing to obtain this kind of score so I can get back with you guys.
Message 6 of 43
Dallasgirl
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey Dallasgirl, that credit union is Dallas Telco Federal Credit Union in downtown Dallas.

The fico score for members doesnt get reported all that often and I dont know how it works but the credit union automatically does an update for members peridocially. The guy with the 835 CS was updated on 6/25/08 and then before that it was a CS of 822 on 11/20/2006 and it looks as if the CS was 714 in 03 so if I see this person again I may have to ask what exactly he is doing to obtain this kind of score so I can get back with you guys.

Thanks, jmeek08.  I've been with the downtown Texas Federal for a number of years and they're not too far from Dallas Telco.   Unfortunately, the lady I spoke to at my CU said that their tellers do not have access to FICO scores on customers.   Please let us know if you find out any information on how your guy is maintaining that type of score.   At his age, I'm assuming his mortgage is probably paid off, has a long established history, and no debt.
Photobucket
Message 7 of 43
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

My EX score was 839 for most of 2007.  When I pulled my scores in January 2008, this score dropped to 831, for no apparent reason.

EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 8 of 43
Dallasgirl
Valued Member

That is awesome, Psychic!  Congratulations on your excellent scores!
Photobucket
Message 9 of 43
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

Thank you, Dallasgirl!
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.