Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone ever hit 850?

tag
MattH
Senior Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever hit 850?

@Dallasgirl wrote:

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Banking/YourCreditRating/PerfectCreditYouDontNeedIt.aspx

I've often wondered if there was anyone out there who has ever attained the so-called "perfect score" of 850.  According to this article, 825 seems to be about as high as anyone could ever attain. 

I've been scouring these forums during the past week and everything I've read indicates that once you reach the higher score buckets (new lingo I picked up!), it really doesn't make a difference as far as getting lower interest rates with lenders.  I tend to be a little on the obsessive side, so I guess reaching the "holy grail" of credit scores will be forever elusive! Smiley Tongue

Well, my Experian FICO score was 826 pulled on 9 Jan 2009 with a very clean history, oldest account AMEX since 1982, low utilization, etc.  Unfortunately my FICO score is about to take a major hit because a few years ago I made a mistake driving and hit another car.  Even worse, the person whose car I hit has a close relative who is a lawyer, they refused to settle with my insurance company and the case comes up in court this week.  No question of my having to pay anything, I'm covered and my agent says because I was accident-free for so long prior to this one my rates will not go up.  But there will be a public record of a judgement, and I understand the FICO algorithm does not distinguish between something like this and a judgement due to a bad debt.

The trial will not be to determine fault, that has been conceded from the beginning (it was my fault, no argument there), the issue to be detemined by the court is the dollar amount of the damages because my insurance company and the person I hit could not agree on a settlement.  Drive carefully everybody, and especially avoid hitting somebody related to a lawyer.

Message Edited by MattH on 01-12-2009 09:09 PM
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 11 of 43
marty56
Super Contributor

Matt, are you sure that a judgement will wind on on your report?  I could understand if you went to court and didnt pay what the court wanted you to pay but IMHO they would be suing your insurance company not you.

Someone posted that their DW had a 990 Vantage score.  IMHO I dont believe it or believe that anyone could get an 850 since scroing is based on the probability of default on payments and I dont think it would ever be 0.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 12 of 43
MattH
Senior Contributor

@marty56 wrote:

Matt, are you sure that a judgement will wind on on your report?  I could understand if you went to court and didnt pay what the court wanted you to pay but IMHO they would be suing your insurance company not you.

Someone posted that their DW had a 990 Vantage score.  IMHO I dont believe it or believe that anyone could get an 850 since scoring is based on the probability of default on payments and I dont think it would ever be 0.

Well, today I got a call from my lawyer with excellent news: the other party has accepted an settlement offer from my insurance company, so the trial scheduled to begin tomorrow will not take place.  I will not have to appear in court and there will not be a Public Record of a Satisfied Judgement.  Drive safely of course, but especially never hit somebody with a relative who is a partner of a law firm!

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 13 of 43
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Whew, great news, congrats!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 43
marty56
Super Contributor

That is great news. 

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 15 of 43
Dallasgirl
Valued Member

MattH wrote:

Well, today I got a call from my lawyer with excellent news: the other party has accepted an settlement offer from my insurance company, so the trial scheduled to begin tomorrow will not take place.  I will not have to appear in court and there will not be a Public Record of a Satisfied Judgement.  Drive safely of course, but especially never hit somebody with a relative who is a partner of a law firm!

Matt,

I work for a firm that represents insurance companies in legal disputes.  That is very typical of what lawyers do - wait till the very last minute and then settle with the insurance company to avoid the expense & hassle of going to trial.  Congratulations on your good news!

Photobucket
Message 16 of 43
oracles
Valued Contributor

congrats Matt, that was a close one lol
Message 17 of 43
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

That's wonderful news, Matt!  
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 18 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Evantage Score from Experian is 986 on a scale of  501-990

Message 19 of 43
mtrea001

http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2012/10/westlake_man_has_one_of_the_hi.html

Aparently this guy has the highest credit agencies have ever seen.  850 would mean there is exactly 0 risk in lending to said person (a statistical imposibilty), but 848 is pretty darn close!

Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.