Did you mean: 

Home Depot - Free Credit Monitoring

tag
b_diddy
Established Contributor

Re: Home Depot - Free Credit Monitoring

Latest drivel from Home Depot a minute ago:

Dear Valued Customer,

As you may have heard, on September 8, 2014, we confirmed that our payment data systems have been breached, which could potentially impact customers using payment cards at our U.S. and Canadian stores. On September 18, 2014, we confirmed that the malware used in the breach has been eliminated from our U.S. and Canadian stores and that we have completed a major payment security project that provides enhanced encryption of payment data at point of sale throughout our U.S. stores, offering significant new protection for customers. There is no evidence that debit PIN numbers were compromised or that checks were impacted. Additionally, there is no evidence that the breach has impacted stores in Mexico or customers who shopped online at HomeDepot.com.

We are offering customers who used a payment card at a Home Depot store in 2014, from April on, 12 months of free identity protection services, including credit monitoring, beginning on September 19, 2014. We apologize for the frustration and anxiety this may cause you and we thank you for your patience during this time.

For more information, please visit our website where you’ll find frequently asked questions, helpful tips, our Important Customer Notice, and information about how to take advantage of the free identity protection services, including credit monitoring. Should you have questions regarding the authenticity of this email or any additional questions over the coming days and weeks, please call 1-800-HOMEDEPOT.

We hope this information is useful and we appreciate your continued support.

The Home Depot

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 11 of 15
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

I never did get an alert from this service for the Chase inquirie.  idk what they are supposed to be monitoring, but whatever it is isn't much good if it can't detect a simple INQ.

Message 12 of 15
b_diddy
Established Contributor

More dribbles and drops of the truth about the breach from Home Depot in my email this morning:

HomeDepot_110914.jpg

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 13 of 15
creditballer
Regular Contributor

Just received my email today to activate after going on Home Depot's site to enroll. AllClear's site is easy to use and they even call you to record your name/phrase/passcode in the event they need to contact you re: credit alerts. Hope this helps...

Last App Oct 2013...applied and received Amex PRG and Blue Sky!
FICO -Walmart = 779
Credit Karma = 781
EX-766, EQ 772, TU-759
Goal: 800
Message 14 of 15
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@creditballer wrote:

Just received my email today to activate after going on Home Depot's site to enroll. AllClear's site is easy to use and they even call you to record your name/phrase/passcode in the event they need to contact you re: credit alerts. Hope this helps...

I hope it was them emailing and calling just a thought reading the letter above. Not trying to be a stick in the mud just thinking out loud.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.