Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homedepot hacked -.-... Offering Free Credit Monitoring

tag
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

Homedepot hacked -.-... Offering Free Credit Monitoring

Just read on my WSJ that Home Depot confirms that credit credit card data has been breached today. Unlucky for me I have to monitor my cards more closely since I had been going to homedepot quite often since February for some DIY projects I had and I had used several cards to make purchases.... -.-

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Home Depot to offer FREE Credit Monitoring through Equifax

https://corporate.homedepot.com/MediaCenter/Documents/Press%20Release.pdf 

https://corporate.homedepot.com/MediaCenter/Pages/Statement1.aspx

Home Depot’s investigation is focused on April forward, and the company has taken aggressive steps to address the malware and protect customer data. The Home Depot is offering free identity protection services, including credit monitoring, to any customer who used a payment card at a Home Depot store in 2014, from April on. Customers who wish to take advantage of these services can learn more at www.homedepot.com or by calling 1-800-HOMEDEPOT (800-466-3337).

Message 2 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Home Depot to offer FREE Credit Monitoring through Equifax

Discussions merged into single thread, both on same topic.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Home Depot to offer FREE Credit Monitoring through Equifax

Discussions merged into single thread, both on same topic.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Home Depot Offering Free Monitoring

Due to the breach if anyone used a CC at any of their HD stores from April 2014 onward, here it is..........I'm in Smiley Indifferent

https://homedepot.allclearid.com/

Mods please move where needed, Thank You!

Message 5 of 8
EvilR-T
Frequent Contributor

Re: Home Depot Offering Free Monitoring

i just registered. thanks!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Homedepot hacked -.-... Offering Free Credit Monitoring

i forgot and went to home depot yesterday Smiley Sad 

@JaeJae12 wrote:

Just read on my WSJ that Home Depot confirms that credit credit card data has been breached today. Unlucky for me I have to monitor my cards more closely since I had been going to homedepot quite often since February for some DIY projects I had and I had used several cards to make purchases.... -.-

Message 7 of 8
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

Re: Homedepot hacked -.-... Offering Free Credit Monitoring

@Anonymous wrote:

i forgot and went to home depot yesterday Smiley Sad 

@JaeJae12 wrote:

You're probobly fine if you only went yesterday. I would hope that by the time news breaks on a breech that they have closed the hole for all future transactions, or not allow CCs until they do.

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.