Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Complain About: Credit Report Errors

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How To Complain About: Credit Report Errors

Finally! Someone in the media really gets it!

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2009/04/everybody-makes.html

what happens when the companies that keep this list make mistakes? ... Mistakes do happen.

Unfortunately, complaining about mistakes on your credit report can be one of the most maddening experiences a consumer can have.
The National Consumer Law Center doesn’t mince words when describing this procedure.

"The FCRA dispute process has become a travesty of justice," it said in the report.

How can you get around this travesty? It's not easy. But as is typical of most consumer protection disputes, there are two keys: persistence and the threat of a lawsuit.

Message Edited by Noah_Bodie on 04-30-2009 08:55 AM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How To Complain About: Credit Report Errors

I understand that, according to the Charles Givens Organization, an appalling 90% of credit reports contain errors!
Message 2 of 3
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Re: How To Complain About: Credit Report Errors

@Anonymous wrote:
I understand that, according to the Charles Givens Organization, an appalling 90% of credit reports contain errors!
My three major reports contain errors, as do the three for my DW. My Innovis did not have any errors last time I looked, and I haven't seen DW's Innovis. The errors I have are duplicate accounts as opposed to false negatives, but I'm disputing one of the duplicates right now because it's listed with a balance.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.