Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Depth: Your Credit Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

In Depth: Your Credit Report

http://www.9wsyr.com/mostpopular/story.aspx?content_id=7311ab86-bc14-4da2-8854-ebb68762049c

NewsChannel 9 grabbed several shoppers at Carousel Center, and had them pull a free copy of their report right there on the spot. Of the three people, two of them found questionable information.

I like it. Grab hold of the consumer, put it right in their face, and show it to them. This action, repeated in shopping malls across the nation, might lead to more consumer waking up from their credit slumber.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Dawn
Established Contributor

Re: In Depth: Your Credit Report

Hmmmm ... I wonder where they came up with this?  I thought all those pre-approved offers were "soft inquiries" that didn't impact your score.

"Also, you know all those offers for credit you get in the mail?  Those can affect your credit score too, because the lender has looked at your report each time you get one which lowers your score a few points.  You can avoid that by opting out of those offers."
Message 2 of 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

denbar2003 wrote:
Hmmmm ... I wonder where they came up with this?  I thought all those pre-approved offers were "soft inquiries" that didn't impact your score.

"Also, you know all those offers for credit you get in the mail?  Those can affect your credit score too, because the lender has looked at your report each time you get one which lowers your score a few points.  You can avoid that by opting out of those offers."

I was thinking the same thing. Also util at 49% ain't good either. Good intentions but the reporters are credit challenged.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Baby steps. Just getting consumers to look at their reports, makes this story golden, IMHO. Raise the awareness of simply where to go, and the expertise will follow.

Besides, when more consumers start to become aware of their credit, then the credit freaks like us will have to resort to, ahem, more extreme measures. Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great article! Talk about good press for consumer credit awareness!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.