Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is your local ATM safe?

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Is your local ATM safe?

Is your ATM at risk? By now, I'm sure you are all aware that Microsoft will no longer offer security support to Windows XP.  Unfortunately, ATMs use that software and as of tomorrow time is running out.  

The larger banks have purchased necessary extensions but what about the smaller regional banks or CU? Definitely worth asking before you use your debit card for that $20. 

http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2014/03/19/end-windows-xp-support-could-put-atms-at-risk...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Is your local ATM safe?

Interesting article ~ makes me wonder what else out there is running on outdated / unsupported software....Cat Frustrated

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Thanks Lexie I was unaware of this great info 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 4
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Thanks Lexie I saw it on the news but it didn't sink in until reading it. My bank is a small local bank I'm definitely going to ask questions.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.