cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing. Next Step?

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing. Next Step?

Bummer. My tax lien is still showing. I wonder if it's advisable to just go ahead and dispute the tax lien(s) and/or judgment(s) on our reports or will that open up a can of worms. I ask this because I've noticed since July 2nd (unless it was already there and I've never noticed it), CK added a box to the "Derogatory Marks" on EQ & TU that states:

"Check that the public record on your report is accurate. If it isn't, you could file a dispute with the credit bureaus."

Also, another question: I wonder what happens when the tax lien/judgment drops off due to incomplete info. Once/if the court record is updated to reflect the required info, will this update cause the original date to change? Mine was originally filed June 2010. Will updated info re-date it to July 2017? I sure hope not.

I wish the credit bureaus will just do it already!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
56 REPLIES 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing. Next Step?

@CreditInspired wrote:

Bummer. My tax lien is still showing. I wonder if it's advisable to just go ahead and dispute the tax lien(s) and/or judgment(s) on our reports or will that open up a can of worms. I ask this because I've noticed since July 2nd (unless it was already there and I've never noticed it), CK added a box to the "Derogatory Marks" on EQ & TU that states:

"Check that the public record on your report is accurate. If it isn't, you could file a dispute with the credit bureaus."

Also, another question: I wonder what happens when the tax lien/judgment drops off due to incomplete info. Once/if the court record is updated to reflect the required info, will this update cause the original date to change? Mine was originally filed June 2010. Will updated info re-date it to July 2017? I sure hope not.

I wish the credit bureaus will just do it already!

Don't give up the ship just yet. Smiley Wink I haven't seen my reports update either, but if I was right (in the other thread), it's going to take a while for everyone to see all their defective public-record items removed. From what I read (if I remember right), almost every non-BK public record of this type in this country has some kind of defect to it that falls under the CRA's new guidelines for removal - the figure I saw was up to a whopping 96 percent - so the CRA's need time to get to everyone. I mean, we could very well be talking about tens of millions of people here. And given the arcane ways in which CRA's behave, they probably have some schedule for fixing the reports that makes sense to them but not to us...

Message 2 of 57
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I won't give up Joe and thanks for the pep talk. I know you're right -- it's a lot of people's inaccurate info that the credit bureaus have to remove and it's going to take some time. I just wished the CBs would provide us with some definitive info.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 57
drmceo
Contributor

The wait is killing me as well. Horrible that they pick july 1st which was a saturday to say it is effective, then say starting 9 days later the process should begin. Its 2017 shouldnt there have been a computer algorithem they implimented to WIPE them all out with the press of a button? lol (wishful thinking) But seriousy its not like the courts said on june 28th you need to have it done by the 1st. They(and we) have known about this taking place for some time now.

Message 4 of 57
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@drmceo wrote:

The wait is killing me as well. Horrible that they pick july 1st which was a saturday to say it is effective, then say starting 9 days later the process should begin. Its 2017 shouldnt there have been a computer algorithem they implimented to WIPE them all out with the press of a button? lol (wishful thinking) But seriousy its not like the courts said on june 28th you need to have it done by the 1st. They(and we) have known about this taking place for some time now.

Honestly drmceo, I was thinking the same thing. It really doesn't make any sense. Oh well, what can we do but wait and wait and wait and wait. Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

I couldn't stand the waiting any longer.   I had 3 judgements from 2011.  I disputed them with all 3 CRA's last Friday.  TU and EQ have deleted them.  Still waiting on EX.

Message 6 of 57
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I couldn't stand the waiting any longer.   I had 3 judgements from 2011.  I disputed them with all 3 CRA's last Friday.  TU and EQ have deleted them.  Still waiting on EX.

Thanks for the update transammomma. What did you put as your reason and please keep us updated on EX.

Also, did you see a nice bump in scores? If yes, how many points?

Message 7 of 57
drmceo
Contributor

aid to disrupt the process with a disputeRe: July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing. Next Step?

I was afraid to disrupt the possible deletion process for fear mine would get caught up in some loop waiting for verification and they end up on there the full 30 days needed to verify, or even worse somehow refresh the date verified. I called to see if they could be deleted before the 1st but the rep barely spoke english and was obviously from a call center in india.

Message 8 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: aid to disrupt the process with a disputeRe: July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing. Next

I'm waiting until all three are deleted to hit the refresh on my scores on CCT.  It's killing me.

CK showed a 15 pt on TU and a 23 pt on EQ... but who knows what that will equal out to on FICO.

I'm still working on trying to PFD several collections, most are 2011 and 2012.

Message 9 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: aid to disrupt the process with a disputeRe: July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing. Next

TU  I checked verify all data   and typed in the box that Neither DOB nor Social Security number are referenced in the judgement documentation.

EQ  I checked verify all data there wasn't a box to type anything in

EX  I checked verify all data and typed the DOB SS # are not referenced.

All were disputed Friday.  TU and EQ deleted Saturday.

Message 10 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.