cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing. Next Step?

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Re: aid to disrupt the process with a disputeRe: July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing. Next

@Anonymous wrote:

TU  I checked verify all data   and typed in the box that Neither DOB nor Social Security number are referenced in the judgement documentation.

EQ  I checked verify all data there wasn't a box to type anything in

EX  I checked verify all data and typed the DOB SS # are not referenced.

All were disputed Friday.  TU and EQ deleted Saturday.

I just disputed 3 liens in TU.  Two disapeared on EQ.  There is one left that is from my old business. It doesn't have my SS # attached to it so I tried that anyway.  And 3 on EX.  Fingers crossed!  My scores are hanging in the 739-746 range. Looking for 750+ but.... don't want to be rebucketed and possibly take a hit. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 31 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: aid to disrupt the process with a disputeRe: July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing. Next

Synchrony just did the monthly update on TU. My score as of July 8 (last Saturday) is still the same, 646. That being said...the score was updated before the date (July 9-10) when the actual process of reviewing and removing defective civil judgment items began. Therefore, given that I found my own 2011 item to be defective when I checked my local jurisdiction's online records, I do expect it to be removed soon from TU and EX if it hasn't already been.

Message 32 of 57
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing. Next Step?

@masscredit
I'm confused. What causes rebucketing to cause a drop in scores?
Thanks

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 33 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got an update from EX on the iPhone app (I prefer it to the website, which does wonky things to my PC's memory while eating up network bandwidth for some peculiar reason). The alert was actually for my new Penfed card being added to my account list, but I checked and saw that the civil judgment has been removed. That leaves TU as the only CRA that still has it on my report as of this morning.

Message 34 of 57
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@masscredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

TU  I checked verify all data   and typed in the box that Neither DOB nor Social Security number are referenced in the judgement documentation.

EQ  I checked verify all data there wasn't a box to type anything in

EX  I checked verify all data and typed the DOB SS # are not referenced.

All were disputed Friday.  TU and EQ deleted Saturday.

I just disputed 3 liens in TU.  Two disapeared on EQ.  There is one left that is from my old business. It doesn't have my SS # attached to it so I tried that anyway.  And 3 on EX.  Fingers crossed!  My scores are hanging in the 739-746 range. Looking for 750+ but.... don't want to be rebucketed and possibly take a hit. 

You have a bunch of history on your account, rebucketing in your case will be a good thing if you get all your liens off.

        
Message 35 of 57
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditInspired wrote:
@masscredit
Thanks

Rebucketing = changing scorecards.

Scorecards have ranges and they can overlap, so you can go to a cleaner scorecard and score less well than you did on the dirtier one.  Basically everyone gets sorted into into scorecards, and then there's some comparitive measurement inside that scorecard with various metrics (presumably) based on the data FICO has collected.

I have a recent example of this: I was in the PR bucket (tax lien in my case) with lates; when my lates got excluded and I wound up in a different dirty bucket, I actually lost points just having a tax lien but no lates at all showing.  The theory on this is that my lates were comparitively minor (30/60D) few (2 on a single tradeline), and old when they got excluded, which scores well in my original bucket, but just the lien alone not so well in the newer bucket and the scoring ranges overlapped.

It can also happen if you go from dirty to clean but usually that's because someone doesn't have much positive history to begin with... in masscredit's case he's got years of credit card and I think personal loan data too, he'll be fine if he gets his liens off, I will be too but NCAP ain't done nothing for me apparently.

        
Message 36 of 57
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:
@masscredit
Thanks

Rebucketing = changing scorecards.

Scorecards have ranges and they can overlap, so you can go to a cleaner scorecard and score less well than you did on the dirtier one.  Basically everyone gets sorted into into scorecards, and then there's some comparitive measurement inside that scorecard with various metrics (presumably) based on the data FICO has collected.

I have a recent example of this: I was in the PR bucket (tax lien in my case) with lates; when my lates got excluded and I wound up in a different dirty bucket, I actually lost points just having a tax lien but no lates at all showing.  The theory on this is that my lates were comparitively minor (30/60D) few (2 on a single tradeline), and old when they got excluded, which scores well in my original bucket, but just the lien alone not so well in the newer bucket and the scoring ranges overlapped.

It can also happen if you go from dirty to clean but usually that's because someone doesn't have much positive history to begin with... in masscredit's case he's got years of credit card and I think personal loan data too, he'll be fine if he gets his liens off, I will be too but NCAP ain't done nothing for me apparently.

Thanks Revelate for the detailed response. I really appreciate it. Now I understand better how scoring/rebucketing work. I just made entry to the 700 Club by the skin of my teeth less than two weeks ago, which was no easy feat. I only have this one unpaid Fed Tax Lien from 2010 on my CRs and no other derogs/baddies. I sure hope I'm not rebucketed where it will cause a drop in my scores.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 37 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checked MyBankRate (one of the Vantage monitoring sites) and I saw that my TU VS (yes, guys, I know Smiley Tongue ) had jumped from 696 to 708. I decided to check the details of my report...and whaddya know, TU has removed the 2011 civil judgment too! CK is lagging behind - they won't update for another day or so, but I think I can take it as a given that as of now, that item is gone from all 3 reports.

Message 38 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anybody had found out if the SS # requirement needs to be full or just last 4 numbers?
Message 39 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Has anybody had found out if the SS # requirement needs to be full or just last 4 numbers?

If it is just showing the last 4 its toast  and will be going away very soom

Message 40 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.