cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing. Next Step?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing. Next Step?

I looked mine up under the registry of deeds which is where it was filed. Go figure, mine had all of the necessary data.

That said, I read a post from someone on Credit Boards on how to freeze the information on LexisNexis and then dispute because they can't verify the information. I'm in the process of going through the motions to freeze and then going to disupte. Mine isn't scheduled to fall off at this point until 2026 otherwise.

Message 51 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is that true that it has to be the full #? Mine shows the first 5 numbers "X" out and then the last 4. And the lien still shows on all three reports.

Message 52 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is that true that it has to be the full #? Mine shows the first 5 numbers "X" out and then the last 4. And the lien still shows on all three reports.

It has to show ALL the numbers none can be redacted.

Message 53 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Where have you seen this written? I'd love to get a reference just for my files.

Message 54 of 57
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Where have you seen this written? I'd love to get a reference just for my files.

I too couldnt find anywhere that it said "full social security number" needed to be present. mine showed xxx-xx-1234. I disputed it and it fell off so although there isnt a source saying "full ssn", results seem to support the theory..hope that helps

Message 55 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I read it in the settlement document.  I googled it. I know I saw that in the articles on line.    I may be able later tonight to look for a copy but have several work projects to do first.  What    I did for when we had the tax fraud  id case  that caused a lien was dispute as follows:

I am disputing the attcahed Federal Tax Lien recorded in book xxx page xx of Clarke County, NV  on 1/1//2007.  Please see the attached copy.  It lacks all the required information required under the National Consumer Settlement 1) name 2) address 3) full social security number no partial or date of birth.  Since the lien lacks all the required information to be validated it must be withdrawn.

This worked with Exp and TU.  Equifax claimed to have it from Lexus Nexis but as it turned out this was not   true as L/N never had a record of it.   I finally got Equifax to remove it  after I had a letter from L/N saying they had no record  and filed a CFPB complaint. 

Message 56 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 57 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.