Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing. Next Step?

I looked mine up under the registry of deeds which is where it was filed. Go figure, mine had all of the necessary data.

That said, I read a post from someone on Credit Boards on how to freeze the information on LexisNexis and then dispute because they can't verify the information. I'm in the process of going through the motions to freeze and then going to disupte. Mine isn't scheduled to fall off at this point until 2026 otherwise.

Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

Is that true that it has to be the full #? Mine shows the first 5 numbers "X" out and then the last 4. And the lien still shows on all three reports.

Established Contributor

mandm5698 wrote:

Is that true that it has to be the full #? Mine shows the first 5 numbers "X" out and then the last 4. And the lien still shows on all three reports.

It has to show ALL the numbers none can be redacted.

Valued Member
0 Kudos

Backwoods wrote:

mandm5698 wrote:

Where have you seen this written? I'd love to get a reference just for my files.

Established Contributor
0 Kudos

danrather50 wrote:

Backwoods wrote:

mandm5698 wrote:

Where have you seen this written? I'd love to get a reference just for my files.

I too couldnt find anywhere that it said "full social security number" needed to be present. mine showed xxx-xx-1234. I disputed it and it fell off so although there isnt a source saying "full ssn", results seem to support the theory..hope that helps

AmEx l BoA l Chase l Citi l Discover l Fifth Third l FNBO l NFCU l PenFed l Synchrony l USAA l US Bank l 10/01/17 FICO EQ 759, EX 755, TU 783
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

I think I read it in the settlement document.  I googled it. I know I saw that in the articles on line.    I may be able later tonight to look for a copy but have several work projects to do first.  What    I did for when we had the tax fraud  id case  that caused a lien was dispute as follows:

I am disputing the attcahed Federal Tax Lien recorded in book xxx page xx of Clarke County, NV  on 1/1//2007.  Please see the attached copy.  It lacks all the required information required under the National Consumer Settlement 1) name 2) address 3) full social security number no partial or date of birth.  Since the lien lacks all the required information to be validated it must be withdrawn.

This worked with Exp and TU.  Equifax claimed to have it from Lexus Nexis but as it turned out this was not   true as L/N never had a record of it.   I finally got Equifax to remove it  after I had a letter from L/N saying they had no record  and filed a CFPB complaint. 

Highlighted
New Visitor
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.