Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: aid to disrupt the process with a disputeRe: July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing. Next

transammomma wrote:

TU  I checked verify all data   and typed in the box that Neither DOB nor Social Security number are referenced in the judgement documentation.

EQ  I checked verify all data there wasn't a box to type anything in

EX  I checked verify all data and typed the DOB SS # are not referenced.

All were disputed Friday.  TU and EQ deleted Saturday.

I just disputed 3 liens in TU.  Two disapeared on EQ.  There is one left that is from my old business. It doesn't have my SS # attached to it so I tried that anyway.  And 3 on EX.  Fingers crossed!  My scores are hanging in the 739-746 range. Looking for 750+ but.... don't want to be rebucketed and possibly take a hit. 

Cap 1 - $23,000 / Lowe’s - $17,000 / Barclay Rewards - $16,400. / Capital 1 - $15,000 / Walmart - $15,000
Cap 1 - $12,000 / PenFed - $10,000 / Penney - $10,000 / Barclay Apple Rewards - $4000 / Merrick - $2500

EQ - 740 / TU - 748 / EX - 748
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: aid to disrupt the process with a disputeRe: July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing. Next

Synchrony just did the monthly update on TU. My score as of July 8 (last Saturday) is still the same, 646. That being said...the score was updated before the date (July 9-10) when the actual process of reviewing and removing defective civil judgment items began. Therefore, given that I found my own 2011 item to be defective when I checked my local jurisdiction's online records, I do expect it to be removed soon from TU and EX if it hasn't already been.

Rebuilding credit since 12/14 Ch7 BK discharge. FICO 9/13/17:TU 658/EX 694/EQ 688 FICO 8 or 667 FICO 9 (Penfed), VS 3.0 9/13/17: TU 704/EX 684/EQ 697. $800 Amazon Prime Store Card, $951 Cap One secured Platinum MC, $1200 Walmart Store Card, $2000 Apple FCU Platinum Visa, $3000 Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa, $3500 Cap One Quicksilver MC, $3600 Discover It, $4300 Overstock Store Card, $10k PenFed used car loan, $5k Navient student loan. In the garden as of 7/2/17 AND THIS TIME I REALLY MEAN IT!!! (unless I get a preapproval I can't refuse...)
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing. Next Step?

@masscredit
I'm confused. What causes rebucketing to cause a drop in scores?
Thanks

|| NFCU Signature $16.5K || NFCU Platinum $7.5K || Macy's $7.5K || Discover IT $7.5K || Chase FU $5K || CitiCostco $4K || CitiDC $3.3K || NFCU CLOC $1K ||
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

Just got an update from EX on the iPhone app (I prefer it to the website, which does wonky things to my PC's memory while eating up network bandwidth for some peculiar reason). The alert was actually for my new Penfed card being added to my account list, but I checked and saw that the civil judgment has been removed. That leaves TU as the only CRA that still has it on my report as of this morning.

Rebuilding credit since 12/14 Ch7 BK discharge. FICO 9/13/17:TU 658/EX 694/EQ 688 FICO 8 or 667 FICO 9 (Penfed), VS 3.0 9/13/17: TU 704/EX 684/EQ 697. $800 Amazon Prime Store Card, $951 Cap One secured Platinum MC, $1200 Walmart Store Card, $2000 Apple FCU Platinum Visa, $3000 Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa, $3500 Cap One Quicksilver MC, $3600 Discover It, $4300 Overstock Store Card, $10k PenFed used car loan, $5k Navient student loan. In the garden as of 7/2/17 AND THIS TIME I REALLY MEAN IT!!! (unless I get a preapproval I can't refuse...)
0 Kudos

masscredit wrote:

transammomma wrote:

TU  I checked verify all data   and typed in the box that Neither DOB nor Social Security number are referenced in the judgement documentation.

EQ  I checked verify all data there wasn't a box to type anything in

EX  I checked verify all data and typed the DOB SS # are not referenced.

All were disputed Friday.  TU and EQ deleted Saturday.

I just disputed 3 liens in TU.  Two disapeared on EQ.  There is one left that is from my old business. It doesn't have my SS # attached to it so I tried that anyway.  And 3 on EX.  Fingers crossed!  My scores are hanging in the 739-746 range. Looking for 750+ but.... don't want to be rebucketed and possibly take a hit. 

You have a bunch of history on your account, rebucketing in your case will be a good thing if you get all your liens off.

Starting Score: EQ 5 561, TU 98 567, EX 2 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 5 771, TU 4 758, EX 2 758, EQ 8 795, TU 8 762, EX 8 786 (7/28/17)
Goal Score:    EQ 5 750, TU 4 750, EX 2 750, EQ 8 800, TU 8 Blah, EX 8 800 (01/01/18)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

CreditInspired wrote:
@masscredit
Thanks

Rebucketing = changing scorecards.

Scorecards have ranges and they can overlap, so you can go to a cleaner scorecard and score less well than you did on the dirtier one.  Basically everyone gets sorted into into scorecards, and then there's some comparitive measurement inside that scorecard with various metrics (presumably) based on the data FICO has collected.

I have a recent example of this: I was in the PR bucket (tax lien in my case) with lates; when my lates got excluded and I wound up in a different dirty bucket, I actually lost points just having a tax lien but no lates at all showing.  The theory on this is that my lates were comparitively minor (30/60D) few (2 on a single tradeline), and old when they got excluded, which scores well in my original bucket, but just the lien alone not so well in the newer bucket and the scoring ranges overlapped.

It can also happen if you go from dirty to clean but usually that's because someone doesn't have much positive history to begin with... in masscredit's case he's got years of credit card and I think personal loan data too, he'll be fine if he gets his liens off, I will be too but NCAP ain't done nothing for me apparently.

Starting Score: EQ 5 561, TU 98 567, EX 2 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 5 771, TU 4 758, EX 2 758, EQ 8 795, TU 8 762, EX 8 786 (7/28/17)
Goal Score:    EQ 5 750, TU 4 750, EX 2 750, EQ 8 800, TU 8 Blah, EX 8 800 (01/01/18)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Revelate wrote:

CreditInspired wrote:
@masscredit
Thanks

Rebucketing = changing scorecards.

Scorecards have ranges and they can overlap, so you can go to a cleaner scorecard and score less well than you did on the dirtier one.  Basically everyone gets sorted into into scorecards, and then there's some comparitive measurement inside that scorecard with various metrics (presumably) based on the data FICO has collected.

I have a recent example of this: I was in the PR bucket (tax lien in my case) with lates; when my lates got excluded and I wound up in a different dirty bucket, I actually lost points just having a tax lien but no lates at all showing.  The theory on this is that my lates were comparitively minor (30/60D) few (2 on a single tradeline), and old when they got excluded, which scores well in my original bucket, but just the lien alone not so well in the newer bucket and the scoring ranges overlapped.

It can also happen if you go from dirty to clean but usually that's because someone doesn't have much positive history to begin with... in masscredit's case he's got years of credit card and I think personal loan data too, he'll be fine if he gets his liens off, I will be too but NCAP ain't done nothing for me apparently.

Thanks Revelate for the detailed response. I really appreciate it. Now I understand better how scoring/rebucketing work. I just made entry to the 700 Club by the skin of my teeth less than two weeks ago, which was no easy feat. I only have this one unpaid Fed Tax Lien from 2010 on my CRs and no other derogs/baddies. I sure hope I'm not rebucketed where it will cause a drop in my scores.

|| NFCU Signature $16.5K || NFCU Platinum $7.5K || Macy's $7.5K || Discover IT $7.5K || Chase FU $5K || CitiCostco $4K || CitiDC $3.3K || NFCU CLOC $1K ||
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

Just checked MyBankRate (one of the Vantage monitoring sites) and I saw that my TU VS (yes, guys, I know Smiley Tongue ) had jumped from 696 to 708. I decided to check the details of my report...and whaddya know, TU has removed the 2011 civil judgment too! CK is lagging behind - they won't update for another day or so, but I think I can take it as a given that as of now, that item is gone from all 3 reports.

Valued Member
0 Kudos

Has anybody had found out if the SS # requirement needs to be full or just last 4 numbers?
Established Contributor

JJ750 wrote:
Has anybody had found out if the SS # requirement needs to be full or just last 4 numbers?

If it is just showing the last 4 its toast  and will be going away very soom

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.