Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 1,141
Registered: ‎02-07-2017

Re: July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing. Next Step?


Backwoods wrote:

JJ750 wrote:
Has anybody had found out if the SS # requirement needs to be full or just last 4 numbers?

If it is just showing the last 4 its toast  and will be going away very soom


It's ironic, in a good way, really, that a measure intended to protect one's identity (showing only the last 4 digits of one's SSN) ends up also helping improve one's credit report by causing negative items to be removed.

Rebuilding credit since 12/14 Ch7 BK discharge. FICO 9/13/17:TU 658/EX 694/EQ 688 FICO 8 or 667 FICO 9 (Penfed), VS 3.0 9/13/17: TU 704/EX 684/EQ 697. $800 Amazon Prime Store Card, $951 Cap One secured Platinum MC, $1200 Walmart Store Card, $2000 Apple FCU Platinum Visa, $3000 Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa, $3500 Cap One Quicksilver MC, $3600 Discover It, $4300 Overstock Store Card, $10k PenFed used car loan, $5k Navient student loan. In the garden as of 7/2/17 AND THIS TIME I REALLY MEAN IT!!! (unless I get a preapproval I can't refuse...)
Established Member
Posts: 17
Registered: ‎10-01-2014
0 Kudos

Re: July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing. Next Step?

 
Valued Member
Posts: 43
Registered: ‎07-23-2017
0 Kudos

Re: July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing. Next Step?

I believe this to be true as I have seen deletions on liens with only the last four showing. I do have EQUIFAX dragging their feet on one that has dropped from EXP and TU and was wondering if you or anyone has actually seen, in writing, where it talks about needing the whole number? EQUIFAX call center naturally denies any knowledge of the new rules put in place by their own company.....it's pretty pathetic.

Established Contributor
Posts: 863
Registered: ‎01-15-2017
0 Kudos

Re: July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing. Next Step?

There would  are several on line articles abou this. Equifax  would deny just about anything. They never make mistakes.  As I posted earlier with our id fraud case that caused tax lien Equifax on dw kept verifying it saying Lexus Nexus was reporting it to them.  This went on for months,  Exp and TU had removed it in a matter of days. I contacted L/N they said they never had reported this and had no records of it. I got this in writing from L/N  and sent this to Equifax who finally removed it after I filed a complaint with CFPB. Equifax never replied to the CFPB complaint.  

Regular Contributor
Posts: 160
Registered: ‎06-20-2014
0 Kudos

Re: July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing. Next Step?


danrather50 wrote:

I believe this to be true as I have seen deletions on liens with only the last four showing. I do have EQUIFAX dragging their feet on one that has dropped from EXP and TU and was wondering if you or anyone has actually seen, in writing, where it talks about needing the whole number? EQUIFAX call center naturally denies any knowledge of the new rules put in place by their own company.....it's pretty pathetic.


Mine is still sitting there on EQ as of this morning, even though it's been gone from the other two for weeks. The rep I talked to said the same thing, that the new rules are a lie, so I wonder if we dealt with the same person. 'Cause if two different people there are spouting the same garbage, that means there's likely more. Maybe it's time to look up how to file a CFPB complaint against them.

 

The first entry in this thread has the specific info: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-in-the-News/Public-Record-Changes-in-Credit-Reports/td-p/4860...

Contributor
Posts: 153
Registered: ‎05-31-2017
0 Kudos

Re: July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing. Next Step?

That is really odd.  Ironically EQ is the only one who has removed my lien and it was just this week.  Still showing on TU and EX.  EQ & TU both dropped it from my hubby's and it is only on EX for him.  So weird how they pick and choose.

Valued Member
Posts: 40
Registered: ‎12-12-2016
0 Kudos

Re: July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing. Next Step?

I couldn't stand the wait any longer. Disputed my paid and released state tax lien with TU on 7/24/2017. I received notification this morning that they are doing manual review. Moments ago, I received another notification results are ready. Lien has been VERIFIED AND UPDATED. Mine only had last four of SSN (show up as XXX-XX-1234) and no DOB. I'm in Ohio. Looks like I'm stuck with this until 2024.

Scores Jan/Now: EQ 629/637 TU 630/640 EX 638/638
Quicksilver $1750 Discover It $1600 Comenity $2600 Synchrony 2350 Merrick $1100 Frontier World MasterCard $1000
Goal this year: 650 across the board.
Valued Member
Posts: 43
Registered: ‎07-23-2017

Re: July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing. Next Step?


Gardener2016 wrote:

I couldn't stand the wait any longer. Disputed my paid and released state tax lien with TU on 7/24/2017. I received notification this morning that they are doing manual review. Moments ago, I received another notification results are ready. Lien has been VERIFIED AND UPDATED. Mine only had last four of SSN (show up as XXX-XX-1234) and no DOB. I'm in Ohio. Looks like I'm stuck with this until 2024.


This is the standard problem with EQUIFAX. I can guarantee that they did not take the time to investigate why it should be deleted but just confirmed it's existence. You need to go to www.consumerfinance.gov and enter a dispute through the governmental agency that forced them to implement the National Consumer Assistance Program and then you will see results. 

Regular Contributor
Posts: 236
Registered: ‎03-16-2017
0 Kudos

Re: July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing. Next Step?


momo1123 wrote:

That is really odd.  Ironically EQ is the only one who has removed my lien and it was just this week.  Still showing on TU and EX.  EQ & TU both dropped it from my hubby's and it is only on EX for him.  So weird how they pick and choose.


Me too. Mine just fell of EQ. Still showing on other two. I haven't disputed or anything.

1 Timothy 6:10
Contributor
Posts: 153
Registered: ‎05-31-2017
0 Kudos

Re: July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing. Next Step?


Federalist wrote:

momo1123 wrote:

That is really odd.  Ironically EQ is the only one who has removed my lien and it was just this week.  Still showing on TU and EX.  EQ & TU both dropped it from my hubby's and it is only on EX for him.  So weird how they pick and choose.


Me too. Mine just fell of EQ. Still showing on other two. I haven't disputed or anything.


Congrats! Still waiting for the others.  It takes a lot of strength to be so patient... lol.. I keep hoping to see them drop off completely! 

 

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.