Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LifeLock used to secretly track ex-wife's financial moves

tag
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

LifeLock used to secretly track ex-wife's financial moves

"A Gilbert, Ariz., woman says her ex-husband used LifeLock's credit-monitoring systems to create an account in her name and secretly track her every financial move since their separation two years ago.

Suzanna Quintana, 47,says that when she applied for credit cards, leased a car, signed a cellphone contract and opened a bank account, her ex-husband received emails and alerts detailing the activity."

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

Re: LifeLock used to secretly track ex-wife's financial moves

If you can, why not.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dude sounds like a controlling jack***, can't imagine why things didn't work out.
Message 3 of 9
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

Heard it on the local news. Best thing to do is freeze your CA's. Easy and cheap. Not sure why more people don't do it. 

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 4 of 9
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Dude was crafty as h*ll. Scary!
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 5 of 9
DeejCake

What's even scarier is that the company ignored her when she tried to bring it to their attention. It shouldn't take too long to receive help for something like that. She's lucky her son discovered what his dad was doing.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another first for Gilbert, AZ.  Their police department argues that they were the first to utilize cell phone tracking in the U.S.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can this be? Is this not an invasion of the person's private affairs? Seems like there could be a problem for LifeLock's program? Some where I read that each one of our credit lives is legally separate from the others. Anotherwords my partner's credit life (unless joint) is their business (I don't have to like it but it is). Also, in he world of medical files it is the same thing. FInd this very confusing?

Message 8 of 9
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@Spider15 wrote:

How can this be? Is this not an invasion of the person's private affairs? Seems like there could be a problem for LifeLock's program? Some where I read that each one of our credit lives is legally separate from the others. Anotherwords my partner's credit life (unless joint) is their business (I don't have to like it but it is). Also, in he world of medical files it is the same thing. FInd this very confusing?

He probably had enough information to sign up as her and pretend that she was receiving the information.  It's not like it's a face-to-face meeting.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.