Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manilla is closing its doors in July

tag
alvon123
Super Contributor

Manilla is closing its doors in July

Just received this email:

Dear Manilla User, We are announcing today that Manilla will be closing on July 1, 2014. This was a hard decision given that, over the past three years, Manilla has won many awards and has been well supported by its valued user base. However, we were unable to achieve the scale necessary to make the economics of the business viable. What you need to know: Existing users will have access to the Manilla service through June 30, 2014. On July 1, 2014 the Manilla service will cease ongoing operation. What actions you should take: We urge you to download any documents you wish to retain and deactivate your Manilla account prior to July 1, 2014. To deactivate your account, please click here and select "Delete your Manilla account" at the bottom of the page. Manilla will retain user documents through September 30, 2014. You will be able to retrieve your documents (no other aspect of the service will be operating) from the Manilla website through September 30, 2014. After that date, any remaining documents will be destroyed. Please refer to our FAQ for more details. If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at support@manilla.com. We apologize if we are not able to respond to all emails. We thank you for your support. Sincerely, The Manilla Team

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
dta
New Contributor

Re: Manilla is closing its doors in July

This sucks. Shame it didn't catch on as well as they needed it to. Hopefully something will take its place. Great to have reminders and actual statements in the same place.
Freedom | BofA CR | Amex BCE | NFCU CR | CSP | Fidelity Amex | Citi AA Plat | Discover it | Amex PRG | US Airways Prem | SW RR Plus | Delta Gold | Citi Double Cash | WF Propel 360 | Chase BA
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never even heard of it. Likely part of the problem is sufficient subscribers.
Message 3 of 19
chwebb1
Established Contributor

@alvon123 wrote:

Just received this email:

Dear Manilla User, We are announcing today that Manilla will be closing on July 1, 2014. This was a hard decision given that, over the past three years, Manilla has won many awards and has been well supported by its valued user base. However, we were unable to achieve the scale necessary to make the economics of the business viable. What you need to know: Existing users will have access to the Manilla service through June 30, 2014. On July 1, 2014 the Manilla service will cease ongoing operation. What actions you should take: We urge you to download any documents you wish to retain and deactivate your Manilla account prior to July 1, 2014. To deactivate your account, please click here and select "Delete your Manilla account" at the bottom of the page. Manilla will retain user documents through September 30, 2014. You will be able to retrieve your documents (no other aspect of the service will be operating) from the Manilla website through September 30, 2014. After that date, any remaining documents will be destroyed. Please refer to our FAQ for more details. If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at support@manilla.com. We apologize if we are not able to respond to all emails. We thank you for your support. Sincerely, The Manilla Team

I liked this service a lot. It's a shame they're killing it off. Is there a good alternative to it available?

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 4 of 19
kaskuli
Regular Contributor

Such a shame!

$26500 Amex EDP / $20000 Merrill+ / $12000 Chase Sapphire Preferred / $12000 Chase British Airways / $7500 Barclays Arrival+ / $7500 FIA Amex / $7500 Paypal Extras MC / $7000 Chase Freedom / $3500 Discover It
Message 5 of 19
baller4life
Super Contributor

https://www.mobilligy.com

I just signed up for this one after Manilla's announcement. Pretty easy and they have all my accounts, including ones Manilla didn't.
Message 6 of 19
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

What??!!!????

Oh no!  I use this daily to check all of my accounts.  I didn't get an email about this but I just seen it on the website.  I'm crushed about this as I think it was an awesome service.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 7 of 19
chwebb1
Established Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
https://www.mobilligy.com

I just signed up for this one after Manilla's announcement. Pretty easy and they have all my accounts, including ones Manilla didn't.

It looks like you can't use it on a website like you can with Manilla?

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 8 of 19
baller4life
Super Contributor

Looks like it's only app based. But, I'm really digging it. I was able to even link all my GE accounts and Manilla used to be the only one that allowed it.
Message 9 of 19
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Dang. What a bummer! I rely in manilla to keep track of all of my accounts. I had no idea until I saw this thread! I didn't get an email. 😞 so bummed...

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.