cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MasterCard's new card with finger print scanner

Senior Contributor

MasterCard's new card with finger print scanner

http://www.theverge.com/2017/4/20/15368666/fingerprint-scanner-credit-card-mastercard
FICO 8 Scores EQ=754 TU=774 EX=766 (INQ) EQ=16 TU=14 EX=15 TCL=$500K+
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES
Super Contributor

Re: MasterCard's new card with finger print scanner

Gmood1 nice find! Now I know it is time to return to the "gangster era" and file my finger prints Smiley Wink
Starting Score: 807
Current Score: 828
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 21
Senior Contributor

Re: MasterCard's new card with finger print scanner

Dinosaur wrote:
Gmood1 nice find! Now I know it is time to return to the "gangster era" and file my finger prints Smiley Wink

Lol... I may have to do the same.😉

FICO 8 Scores EQ=754 TU=774 EX=766 (INQ) EQ=16 TU=14 EX=15 TCL=$500K+
Message 3 of 21
Contributor

MasterCard Testing Chip-And-Fingerprint Payment Verification

Message 4 of 21
Established Contributor

Re: MasterCard Testing Chip-And-Fingerprint Payment Verification

In theory it sounds great. I just see so many problems with this though. First of which being how well it works in day to day use. What happens when it fails? Are you going to now have to follow your waiter at the restaurant you're at to their spot in the back area to enter your fingerprint so the card works? Etc etc etc. The chip thing has been a pain just from the wait time at the register at most places. Then, there are lots of stores who still don't even use the chip. Seems like a nightmare. I get they're trying to protect their money (even though they will push it as added security for us lol) but I don't want to be inconvenienced by it so...

In the wallet:
Amex PRG ~ Amex BCE ~ Discover ~ NFCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature ~ NFCU Platinum Visa ~ NFCU Line of Credit ~ Chase Amazon Prime Visa Signature ~ PenFed Cash Rewards Visa ~ PenFed Promise Visa ~ Fairwinds Credit Union Cash Rewards Visa ~ CapOne QS1 ~ Lowes Store Card

Closed on mortgage 8/9/17!! Woot!
Message 5 of 21
Highlighted

Well, well. This doesnt impress me at all and I doubt I would ever use such just another way to control the masses.

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne
Message 6 of 21
Established Contributor

rmm140 wrote:

In theory it sounds great. I just see so many problems with this though. First of which being how well it works in day to day use. What happens when it fails? Are you going to now have to follow your waiter at the restaurant you're at to their spot in the back area to enter your fingerprint so the card works? Etc etc etc. The chip thing has been a pain just from the wait time at the register at most places. Then, there are lots of stores who still don't even use the chip. Seems like a nightmare. I get they're trying to protect their money (even though they will push it as added security for us lol) but I don't want to be inconvenienced by it so...

In theory restaurants are supposed to get the portable wireless terminals like in other countries, but that hasn't happened (and likely won't happen in nearly as large numbers as it should). Based on the equipment I've seen installed at restaurants around here, I suspect we'll transition to a mostly pay at the front model and still not bother with wireless terminals if we ever go beyond chip and signature.

Message 7 of 21
Established Contributor
Message 8 of 21
Super Contributor

gdale6 wrote:

Well, well. This doesnt impress me at all and I doubt I would ever use such just another way to control the masses.

Hmm ... give this one year or two before it disappears into that great unknown Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 807
Current Score: 828
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 21
Valued Contributor

MasterCard launches biometric fingerprint Scanner on card

https://www.google.com/amp/thehackernews.com/2017/04/mastercard-fingerprint-payment-card.html%3Famp%...
FICO 08: TU= 786 (Dec) EQ= 774 (Dec) EX= 756 (Dec) Favorites: Discover It, Discover Miles, And U.S. Bank Cash+
Message 10 of 21