Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Millions of U.S. Consumers Escaping Subprime Credit

tag
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

This is good news. This could be the reason that many subprime lenders are now offering benefits and waiving/longer requiring annual fees or monthly service fees.

http://news.fintech.io/post/102dh7k/millions-of-u-s-consumers-escaping-subprime-credit

Fewer Subprime Borrowers

http://www.forbes.com/sites/moneybuilder/2016/06/24/this-week-in-credit-card-news-fewer-subprime-bor...

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Re: Millions of U.S. Consumers Escaping Subprime Credit

Thanks for info,,this is excellent news....

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The not so good news is that despite this, credit card interest rates are extremely high especially when considering how low prime is.  Doesn't affect me because I don't revolve balances, but still.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super! Thanks OP!

Cant get to the first link though, it's a sub article to an original article from Wall Street "SUBSCRIBE SUCKER" Journal. Smiley Mad

Message 4 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Very good to see, and even better to know I'm one that has climbed out of that subprime category.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 6
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Glad to hear that - thanks for the info.

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.