Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU American Express

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New nfcu Amex

@kugel

You asked the above question in this thread and also started a thread in the credit card forum.  Please do not cross post in multiple threads/forums as it is confusing to those trying to answer your question and a violation of MyFICO's Terms of Service.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Irish80
MyFICO Moderator

Message 11 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New nfcu Amex

@Anonymous wrote:

@kugel wrote:
In fall nfcu is getting a new card
Who will be giving the approval Amex or nfcu
If I am blacklisted with Amex and good with nfcu will be able to get the card ?

It will be based on NFCU's criteria, not Amex Centurion, and an Amex blacklist would t affect it other whatever your credit reports show.  

Thanks for the information everyone. Thanks, Irish, for letting us know being blacklisted doesn't matter. I am also blacklisted and would love to have a card like this. My last app was October 2016, so I may go for this one. 

Message 12 of 114
kugel
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU American Express

Cool can't wait
Message 13 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whatis the advantage that the card is an American Express?  Higher fee so higher rewards?

Message 14 of 114
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@atomicfront wrote:

Whatis the advantage that the card is an American Express?  Higher fee so higher rewards?

It's just the transaction network and without the rewards / fee structure impossible to state, but at least for credit junkies such as myself, I'm always interested in seeing a market change.

        
Message 15 of 114
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

I'm very curious to see what the rewards structure will be.   I might need to app, if it makes sense.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 16 of 114
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

I'm very curious to see what the rewards structure will be.   I might need to app, if it makes sense.  

+1  Same here. 

They have most 'popular' categories already covered with their current line-up, so my interest is definitely piqued.  Smiley Happy

Other non-Centurion Amex issuers tend to have rewards programs that are travel-related, so my guess is that they'll offer something in that wheelhouse.  My other thought is that they might offer a 2.5% card similar to USAA, but of course that's just my own idle speculation... LOL.

Message 17 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

New AMEX card for NFCU!!!!!!

HOT OFF THE PRESS (well May 9th)

To be released in September, NFCU will be releasing a new American Express Card called Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card

This card is still in product conception but is planned to be a points card similar to the Go Rewards card. No word of if an AF will come with it.

I am actually hoping that Navy will actually introduce this as a Cash Back Rewards card to take direct aim at USAA's Limitless card.  I prefer CB over points.

https://www.navyfederal.org/pdf/press-releases/2017/Amex_Partnership.pdf

Message 18 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New AMEX card for NFCU!!!!!!

Ok, I've been away from the boards for a while didn't know this was already posted in Credit News please move/delete my post

Message 19 of 114
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: New AMEX card for NFCU!!!!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

HOT OFF THE PRESS (well May 9th)

To be released in September, NFCU will be releasing a new American Express Card called Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card

This card is still in product conception but is planned to be a points card similar to the Go Rewards card. No word of if an AF will come with it.

I am actually hoping that Navy will actually introduce this as a Cash Back Rewards card to take direct aim at USAA's Limitless card.  I prefer CB over points.

https://www.navyfederal.org/pdf/press-releases/2017/Amex_Partnership.pdf

The PDF actually answers (or likely answers) one of my initial questions regarding the target market of the card:

"Freeman explained the More Rewards Card will reward members for the everyday purchases they make most.  The targeted launch date is in the fall, in time for members to earn rewards during the holiday shopping season."

Based on this I'm not looking for any exceptional rewards related to travel (which seems to be popular with other issuers lately), although this is just my own speculation.  Of course none of NFCU's cards offer enhanced rewards for grocery yet, so that's always something they might be looking at.

Message 20 of 114
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.