Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU American Express

Lets hope its a good looking card
Message 81 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Usually the advertising campaigns don't begin until the card is available for applications.  PenFed didn't start advertising its Power Cash Rewards Visa until it became available last February.  Now it's the most advertised card in America.  Similarly, it is widely known that Bank of America will be releasing it's new "premium" travel rewards card in September, but there has been no advertising yet, only leaked information.  I was even surprised that NFCU and Amex issued a press release about the card in May.

No doubt.  I was only pointing out that in all cases the promotional materials have already been printed for any major campaign, which means the specifics have been determined long before any advertising campaign is kicked off.  The point you make is true - we "nobodies" do not see all of those specifics until such time those are released :-)

Message 82 of 114
JustcallmeTM
Regular Contributor

@kugel wrote:
For cli yes it's equifax for a new app it's always tu

I wonder how you even get this information its not even remotely correct.

Message 83 of 114
kugel
Valued Contributor

My experience with nfcu cloc is equifax
And cc app is tu
Message 84 of 114
UncleB
Credit Mentor

There's no need to debate this; technically everybody is "correct" since it can be YMMV.

When I got my credit card with NFCU back in 2015 the HP was on EQ, although recently new cards (and CLIs) are usually TU.  That said, if there's any issue pulling TU they are able to pull EQ and even EX (yep... EX has been reported more than once now). 

The CLOC is generally EQ;  I don't recall reading where another bureau was pulled but that doesn't mean it can't/won't happen. 

The only thing I'm truly comfortable with using 'always' - at least for now - is the TU HP for membership; so far I don't recall seeing any confirmed exceptions to this (if I've overlooked one somebody please let me know).  That's not to say it won't change tomorrow or next week (or next month) - NFCU doesn't exactly drop us a line when they make process or policy changes (how nice that would be!). 

Message 85 of 114
kugel
Valued Contributor

Update

Spoke to nfcu and one lady said it will be released in a few months so go figure
Message 86 of 114
Scupra
Super Contributor

@kugel wrote:
Update

Spoke to nfcu and one lady said it will be released in a few months so go figure

Nothing we hear from CSR's is set in stone. I just spoke to a bank teller Wednesday and he told me it was going to be released in a matter of weeks Smiley Very Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 87 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scupra wrote:

@kugel wrote:
Update

Nothing we hear from CSR's is set in stone. I just spoke to a bank teller Wednesday and he told me it was going to be released in a matter of weeks Smiley Very Happy

Just in time to pay my cards before they report and add some utlization points Smiley Wink Perfect!

Message 88 of 114
kugel
Valued Contributor

Steelernyc good point but I guess I wold think they know who carrys big balances even it's payed in full now
Message 89 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kugel wrote:
Steelernyc good point but I guess I wold think they know who carrys big balances even it's payed in full now

I'm establishing a good history with Navy and it probably wouldn't be a big deal, but I still want my scores as high as possible when I apply for anything.

At this stage of a rebuild, even moderate balances reporting can hit my score 15 points.

Message 90 of 114
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.