cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU American Express

New Contributor

New nfcu Amex

Anyone have a clue wen it's released I can't wait ??
Can't sleep
Message 91 of 114
Valued Contributor

Re: New nfcu Amex

Yehuda1718NY wrote:
Can't sleep

One poster says an NFCU CSR said Sept 6.

I'm still not clear on why people are so eager about this. Is it for big CLs and reasonably good rewards? Other things the card is supposed to offer? Or people blacklisted from Centurion Bank want a card that has less acceptance than Visa but lacks the perks of Centurion Bank Amexes?

Perks, purchase protection, and sketchy merchants: Schwab Platinum.....Price rewind and extended warranties: Costco.....Travel insurance: Prestige.....Renewal nights: IHG, Hyatt.....Rewards/Offers: Discover, Freedom, ED, BCE.....Taxes/Misc: SPG...Questioning the value of: CSP, Arrival

760ish FICOs...Rebucketing hurts!
Total CL: Enough
Message 92 of 114
Established Contributor

Big CLs, Reasonably Good Rewards, liking Navy Federal and being on Amex's blacklist.

Ch 7 Discharge May 2015: EQ 588/TU 552/EX 570
Nov 2017: EQ 683/TU 660/EX 668 w/ 24% CC util reporting
Discover/Target/NFCU CLOC/NFCU Cash Rewards/PenFed Power Cash Rewards - $46k total revolving
Message 93 of 114
Frequent Contributor

I am eager for the new NFCU Amex because I keep hearing that it will give 3% cash back on groceries.  I've been looking for a good grocery rewards card since I got fed up with the Amex BCE and closed it.

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Reserve • PenFed Power Cash Rewards
Also have: Chase United MileagePlus Explorer • UNFCU Azure • NFCU cashRewards • NFCU Go Rewards • PenFed Promise
Message 94 of 114
Valued Contributor

wasCB14 wrote:

Yehuda1718NY wrote:
Can't sleep

One poster says an NFCU CSR said Sept 6.

I'm still not clear on why people are so eager about this. Is it for big CLs and reasonably good rewards? Other things the card is supposed to offer? Or people blacklisted from Centurion Bank want a card that has less acceptance than Visa but lacks the perks of Centurion Bank Amexes?

I am not sure why either.  Penfed, USAA, US bank all have Amex cards and none of them are worth getting.  Real American Express cards are much better.  I am not sure why people are excited about this one.     Bank of America new travel card is much more enticinig.

BOA Cash Rewards, AMEX BCE, AMEX PRG, AMEX Ameriprise Platinum, AMEX SPG, CITI AADvantage Platinum, Chase Hyatt, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Southwest Plus, Barclay Arrival +, Barclay AAdvantage Red Aviator, USAA Prefered Cash Rewards , Cap One Quicksilver, Lendup L card, JCrew, Pottery Barn, Express, NFCU Go Rewards.
Message 95 of 114
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU American Express

It's because navy is so generous and is normally a easy approval
fico 11/01/01//2017 tu 634eq 631
ex 613overstock src="http://ficoforums.
Message 96 of 114
Regular Contributor

The elitism is strong on this thread... 

Message 97 of 114
Valued Contributor

I hear conflicting "leaks" about the rewards so we'll have to see what's officially announced.

UpperNwGuy wrote:

I am eager for the new NFCU Amex because I keep hearing that it will give 3% cash back on groceries.  I've been looking for a good grocery rewards card since I got fed up with the Amex BCE and closed it.

IIRC, you were upset about difficult redemptions on BCE...$25 intervals meant the rewards were hard to redeem. My understanding of GoRewards...and the new card, if it feeds into the same point pool...is that redemption would be just as tricky.

Perks, purchase protection, and sketchy merchants: Schwab Platinum.....Price rewind and extended warranties: Costco.....Travel insurance: Prestige.....Renewal nights: IHG, Hyatt.....Rewards/Offers: Discover, Freedom, ED, BCE.....Taxes/Misc: SPG...Questioning the value of: CSP, Arrival

760ish FICOs...Rebucketing hurts!
Total CL: Enough
Message 98 of 114
Frequent Contributor

wasCB14 wrote:

I hear conflicting "leaks" about the rewards so we'll have to see what's officially announced.

UpperNwGuy wrote:

IIRC, you were upset about difficult redemptions on BCE...$25 intervals meant the rewards were hard to redeem. My understanding of GoRewards...and the new card, if it feeds into the same point pool...is that redemption would be just as tricky.

To clarify, I could have lived with the $25 minimum redemptions on BCE if Amex did not also take nearly two months to post the points.  It was the combination of those two negatives that drove me away from BCE.

I stopped using Go Rewards because of its $50 minimum redemption.

If the new NFCU Amex has a $50 minimum redemption like Go Rewards, I won't apply.

The new NFCU Amex card and Go Rewards will likely not share the same points pool because they will be managed by two different vendors.  NFCU contracts with TSYS to manage nRewards, Go Rewards and Flagship Rewards, but they appear to have hired Amex's LoyaltyEdge subsidiary to manage the new card.  TSYS and LoyaltyEdge are competitors.  By the way, nRewards, Go Rewards, and Flagship Rewards each have their own points pool and do not share across cards.

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Reserve • PenFed Power Cash Rewards
Also have: Chase United MileagePlus Explorer • UNFCU Azure • NFCU cashRewards • NFCU Go Rewards • PenFed Promise
Message 99 of 114
New Contributor

Re: NFCU American Express

Anyone know wenis it released?
Message 100 of 114